What did you Buy Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Merry Fishmas to me! ;)

IMG_1641.jpeg

I had Livescope on my last boat and swore to myself I would not need it on this boat. However, there are times where I wish I had it. It is a great tool but it is also just downright fun at times.

With a rebate from Garmin and a discount I received from a dealer out of Texas I've used before, I paid $50 less than what I sold my used one for so I seized the moment now rather than paying a higher price in the spring.

I'll have to contain myself today and tomorrow and resist getting lost in the garage installing it but there is next week to maybe even try it soon the water.

@A-5 this year we will figure out that lake!

A-5

TS and I fish a lake. I’ve gradually gotten worse. I was asked how many a outing we get. I said 2-3 or something. Lies! We used to be good for one all the time. If we catch three it would’ve not been weird but not consistent. Tell you the truth the more I fish the lake the worse off I have been. Went for a long spell this year catching nothing or a dink here or there. TS fished it did a bit better but admits it is tough. Also mike iconnelli fished it in November and had a 4 fish li
It with his buddy of like 17lb! That’s over 4lb a fish.

IN NOVEMBER! It’s awful. Whatever I’m done merry Christmas!

Gremcat

Spent my SW gift card given to me for wading boots. I decided to try Korkers despite some hesitations. I really wanted to order Danner/Patagonia Tractors but they are $400ish and I don’t know anywhere to even test fit them.

I went with the model below Darkhorse. It was similar but had the quick pull shoe laces like my Salomon shoes which I like. BOA laces turned me away from Darkhorse. There was also In Store only for size 13s with various configs. The model I bought had 13s with rubber/rubber studded combo and I found felt studded in my size while rubber studded was OOS. I’ll watch for some regular felt and more regular rubber soles. I hear the soft rubber wears real fast.

Gremcat

Next up, zipper waders since I gave a buddy my neoprenes to force my hand and wearing my brother’s unused set I’ve put some holes in with thorns.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Bought an Amazon level sling pack but haven’t set it up yet. Open pack half price @ $35-40, convenient it’s smaller than I thought but fits my float containers so might be the perfect size.

HenryDavid

Spent my SW gift card given to me for wading boots. I decided to try Korkers despite some hesitations. I really wanted to order Danner/Patagonia Tractors but they are $400ish and I don’t know anywhere to even test fit them.

I went with the model below Darkhorse. It was similar but had the quick pull shoe laces like my Salomon shoes which I like. BOA laces turned me away from Darkhorse. There was also In Store only for size 13s with various configs. The model I bought had 13s with rubber/rubber studded combo and I found felt studded in my size while rubber studded was OOS. I’ll watch for some regular felt and more regular rubber soles. I hear the soft rubber wears real fast.
My 3rd set of felts are pretty much done. It doesn't take much to get them slimed up and even after soaking, cleaning and combing them out they still suck. Nothing beats a new pair of felt bottoms though. I'm on my 2nd set of studs, bought the replacements to screw in, now the rubbers are starting to go. I have to stop rock climbing with them I guess.

truecrimson

It was similar but had the quick pull shoe laces like my Salomon shoes which I like.

If anyone is looking to retrofit a pair of footwear that came with regular laces, Target carries quick pull or no tie laces in their shoe departments. I am hard on shoes and laces and usually go through 3 sets of laces on a pair of shoes. Last time I killed a set of laces, mid 2020, everywhere was out of regular laces. Checked a Target and all they had was no tie. I tried them and that was it for me. I am going to put them on all my shoes going forward. Got new shoes earlier this year that came with regular laces and immediately got some no ties and changed them out.

Gremcat

Small deliveries to restock. Added another tip to try on my quest for a homemade line. I suspect it’s not super critical to even have sink or hover tips how I use the line but I do like how it doesn’t sink on a hinge but sort of archs under log jams and brush. Wanted intermediate but airflo only offered full sink or hover in clear 5’. I’ve used integrated intermediate on regular line and in my homemade deal I used full sink steelhead tip I cut to length. I’m not sure how much I’ll end up cutting this off. I hated to cut a $70 line and I’m closer to a multipurpose line now anyway.

I took flat taper members here helped me figure out. I cut it to be a 10-15’ “head”. I first spooled Slick Shooter to the backing. Then I peeled the pvc casing to braid on my head. Then added tip cut to 3’ or less. Then 15 lbs mono or 10 lbs Seaguar for 12”. Then swivel or maybe small piece of 8 lbs. I run an Arm length leader of 4 lbs Seaguar or 6 sometimes for fat trout. 3-5 split shot to my hook.

I thought maybe the salmon/Steelhead sink tip was too much. Sometimes in modest flows even with one tiny splitshot it won’t drift. We’ll see how this does. Next up, buying Spey bulk line components and a welder I suspect, lol. I’m a trout/Steelhead loon like others are rifle loons. Find that one situation I can’t fish optimally and have to tweak everything lol. A83B34DD-D373-46E4-B4FD-9925C5751A9E.jpeg543B5E2B-8C1C-4D20-AC4D-BAE106A1E684.jpeg

Gremcat

I know IPhone goofs up my grammar and I often miss it but this bugs me to no end. Most companies budget 10-100x more for marketing than even new equipment or Op Ex. How do you let this slip? It’s literally the back of the tag. The last thing the customer removes before wear and their last interaction with your brand marketing for that purchase. I see this all the time and it grates at me. So marketing cuts aren’t even proof read now?!? EC2D9368-2B94-4B8A-B97A-592529C01534.jpeg

Gremcat

Or someone said all the words need to appear in a symmetrical square so remove the “Of”. Like saying “Anymore I blank” I dropped out of HS and don’t know an adjective from a pronoun but proper English please! Down south “I might could do that” from a Corp CEO!! Or Ohio it’s “This needs finished, that needs cut” stuff that drives me crazy.