What did you Catch Today?

Solitario Lupo

I’m too decrepit to do both in one day but eventually I will be after them as well.
do boaters rig underwater lights to attract them?
They say walleyes have big eyes for a reason and that’s to hunt at nite with no lights. You’ll scare walleyes away from what I hear. That’s why in summer the deeper they go. Plus the water gets to hot for them.
Don most people who use lights are saltwater not really fresh waters.

MB3

Finally went out fishing! Yesterday our shed was delivered so that killed that outing. Today we both caught steady. I ended up with 2 Largemouth, a Perch, Bluegill and 10+ Pickerel. The Pickerel were on fire. The largest of the day was 21+ inches. Felt good to knock the rust off.

Attachments

• 66871.jpeg
    66871.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 66867.jpeg
    66867.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 5

Don

They say walleyes have big eyes for a reason and that’s to hunt at nite with no lights. You’ll scare walleyes away from what I hear. That’s why in summer the deeper they go. Plus the water gets to hot for them.
Don most people who use lights are saltwater not really fresh waters.
I don't doubt that. I just thought I had heard that they used lights to attract baitfish and the Walleye would shoot through the light to grab bait.

Don

One nice fish.
Are the rock bass distributed evenly around the shore or are they only in certain bays and coves. And will they suspend in open water in summer like Gill.

pabassman

One nice fish.
Are the rock bass distributed evenly around the shore or are they only in certain bays and coves. And will they suspend in open water in summer like Gill.
They are pretty much everywhere around the lake. Very plentiful, and get pretty aggressive.