What did you Catch Today?

Don

Hey now that we have you here let me say that I want to go to that fishing swap in your hood again this Feb. Do you know how to find out about it?

Don

Merrill Creek Reservoir
Well I'm Jazzed. I don't need no stinking New York State. I catch Salmon right here in my neck-o-th-woods. Caught two today. They were beautiful. Perfectly made with spots and fins and everything. I was so popular that dozens, no hundreds, were waiting for their turn to meet me.
One of them was hooked through both lips and a folded over lip...what a mess. Died. Eagles had him in no time flat.
Theyre canibals. They eat their cousins. I caught these on a brown trout and also a rainbow trout Kastmasters. Many many hits.
I forgot my Phone. Its not fair but rules are rules so both of them are just a fish tail.
Oh, guess I should add that when I got back to shore an aquaintance had a smirk on his face.....you know the old MelvinP smirk. He said it looked like I was having a blast so he didn't mention the the fish were just stocked last weekend and that they would've bitten anything I would throw.
-First one was 13"
-Second was 17"
So about the size A-5 catches.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Chalk me up to the no pics it doesn’t count catch today. ;)

We hit Raritan Bay for what we we labeled as our final Striper trip of the year today. We only landed 8 between the 2 of us but we had fun chasing down birds and bait to pull one from the bunch, rinse and repeat. Only 1 keeper size at 30”, the rest were unders. The unders usually mark the tail end of the migration in that area. If we get an oddball warm day soon, we could end up going for a day in South Jersey but we are content as we stand. Til next year!

HenryDavid

I managed to have 2 days of memorable fall trout stream fishing in the past week. I'll post up one day at a time, starting with the 2nd day, just cuz I edited those first.

Throwing a olive wully bugger, swinging, drifting and hanging it in the current seams and around rocks - "pocket water" I managed a nice wild brown trout and then a pretty rainbow, then tires screeching and,...

Bow I.jpg
Wild Brown 1.jpgwild brown cheek.JPG
car in creek.JPG

CRAZY ~ !! This lady entered the creek about 50 yards down from where I was in the creek. I got back across and down to see her
waving that she was alright, she couldn't get out and a tree had her door jammed. I flagged down a guy in a truck and he called for help.

Back to the fishing. I think I caught 7 nice trout, missed a few more and had some quick releases, not bad for a stream that hasn't been stocked for awhile.

Bow II.jpg

pabassman

I managed to have 2 days of memorable fall trout stream fishing in the past week. I'll post up one day at a time, starting with the 2nd day, just cuz I edited those first.

Throwing a olive wully bugger, swinging, drifting and hanging it in the current seams and around rocks - "pocket water" I managed a nice wild brown trout and then a pretty rainbow, then tires screeching and,...

View attachment 4369
View attachment 4366View attachment 4367
View attachment 4370

CRAZY ~ !! This lady entered the creek about 50 yards down from where I was in the creek. I got back across and down to see her
waving that she was alright, she couldn't get out and a tree had her door jammed. I flagged down a guy in a truck and he called for help.

Back to the fishing. I think I caught 7 nice trout, missed a few more and had some quick releases, not bad for a stream that hasn't been stocked for awhile.

View attachment 4371
DAMN!! Thats a pretty steep road and lots of curves but HOW do you end up in the creek lol