What did you Catch Today?

Don

You must eat well.

Update: I couldn't take you displaying all those walleye day-after-day so I caught some for myself at Valley Farm Mkt in Bethlehem. I got it, legal size and all, at a fraction of what you have invested to catch them. So until I'm up to speed like you I'll fish here. IMG_0028.JPG

Last edited:

pabassman

You must eat well.

Update: I couldn't take you displaying all those walleye day-after-day so I caught some for myself at Valley Farm Mkt in Bethlehem. I got it, legal size and all, at a fraction of what you have invested to catch them. So until I'm up to speed like you I'll fish here. View attachment 844

All went back. I was going to keep that smaller one. It was only barely legal. I dont keep them over about 19".

Don

Why not. Do they get strongly fishy when they're larger or are you trying to keep the bigger fish in the breeding cycle?

pabassman

Why not. Do they get strongly fishy when they're larger or are you trying to keep the bigger fish in the breeding cycle?
Yes...... to both. Idk if Id say strong fishy but I thing the smaller ones are better. I dont keep many gamefish. A couple walleye a year thats it. Love my panfish in the winter.

Don

I can understand that. We ate the Fillet tonight and it farm raised. Tasted just like Perch and Pickerel.

I've never caught one. Pound for Pound are they comparable to other fish when you fight them in...fish such as bass, big trout and similar sized striper? or are they like Big Crappy....hit hard and give up?

pabassman

I can understand that. We ate the Fillet tonight and it farm raised. Tasted just like Perch and Pickerel.

I've never caught one. Pound for Pound are they comparable to other fish when you fight them in...fish such as bass, big trout and similar sized striper? or are they like Big Crappy....hit hard and give up?
Good fight. More of a power head shake, not fast runs. We get a lot of bigger eyes in the Pack. 5s are common. 7s fairly frequently so any fish that size are good fighters.

pabassman

Bass man crappies still shallow?
Just getting there on the Pack. Several other lakes around me they seem to be done spawning. Couple buddies got them earlier this week at two shallower, smaller lakes and they were off the banks already.

Reactions: A-5

Don

This was just shy of 17"... Embarrasingly th biggest fish I ever caught on fly. It bent the little 4wt around a bit before hitting the net. How much does it weigh? felt like about 2.5-3. Is that about right? Unfortunately this was some sort of store bought fly sort of like a cross btwn a Clouser and a Bugger of sorts, I don't know what it was called. I was after Panfish.

IMG_0072.jpeg