What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This is more of a demonstration of me not knowing how to use my camera than an actual what did you catch.
5C521389-FDF0-4CA9-BD88-91781DAB754A.jpeg

An egg loaded female. Only Bass I caught today at Blue Marsh. I did catch one small crappie and of course, the nuisance sunnies while trying for crappie. The crappie disappeared from the trees today and I couldn’t find anything hanging out in the usual spots except I marked a TON of bait. This one came from 15’, bouncing the bottom with a Keitech.

So, the pic. I have an apple phone and an Apple Watch. You can tell the watch to take a photo so I thought neat, I’ll lean my phone on the console and click the button on the watch except I forgot to set the 3 second delay so that’s me, pressing the button on the watch. Lol

Don

You bass guys are a funny bunch. I've never caught a freshwater species deeper than a few feet deep as I don't even try. I hope to change that but so far haven't needed to. keep posting TS.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You bass guys are a funny bunch. I've never caught a freshwater species deeper than a few feet deep as I don't even try. I hope to change that but so far haven't needed to. keep posting TS.

I hired a guide a couple of years ago to help me with my offshore game. Turned out it wasn't much different than how I fish striper or even fluke in salt water but you have to slow down. That's what I am working on this year, slowing down. I start decent but then I get bored and the next thing I know, I'm fishing too fast. I think that's why I gravitated to wild trout fishing for all those years. Spin fishing is fast and after every few casts, you're on the move to virgin water and you never think about anything except the next feature to land your spinner.

Reactions: MB3

Don

Are there still Fluke in Oyster Creek? I now what you're saying about slowing down. I seem to have one medium speed unless I pay close attention; too slow for pickerel and too fast for panfish.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Are there still Fluke in Oyster Creek? I now what you're saying about slowing down. I seem to have one medium speed unless I pay close attention; too slow for pickerel and too fast for panfish.

I think you are referencing the one that goes into Great Bay? I’ve never fished the creek but have fished great bay a couple of times and for me it was just ok. I have a friend who fished it late summer 2 seasons ago and had a banner day. Reports I’ve seen on it do seem to be inconsistent and you need to get there during a “lucky” time.

Don

Oyster Creek is the one at Barnegat Light. We used to Vacation on a sailboat there and caught some there in the creek. It was hard to meet the minimum size. Our sailboat was 25' and had a lifting centerboard. It would only draw 12" +/- when the board was up allowing us into some very skinny places.

Gremcat

20” stock brown, best 3 out of a dozen but did manage 4 real nice 14” Brookies. Fingers aren’t in gills just funny pic angle. This was at the private lake. Owner said so many held over he was supplement feeding after ice melt. Should be a great year there.1EDE385A-D22C-4173-93C9-9670B9425AE2.jpeg