What did you Catch Today?

Don

Its been a weird year for the fish as well. Gouldsboro is a mess and I'm assuming Tobyhanna is worse. The water temps have been consistently high and the action has been, imo, moderate at best. I need to either pick up on Blue March or learn Shahola as I'm right in the middle

truecrimson

If you want to hit Blue Marsh sometime let us know. We have never been there but it's a hell of a lot closer for us that Bear Place Lake is. We're probably only 30 or 45 minutes from Blue Marsh.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Its been a weird year for the fish as well. Gouldsboro is a mess and I'm assuming Tobyhanna is worse. The water temps have been consistently high and the action has been, imo, moderate at best. I need to either pick up on Blue March or learn Shahola as I'm right in the middle

What about Beltzville? Is that closer for you?

I know a good bit about BM, hit me up if you want some info. Right now they are under an Algae Bloom warning. They’ve closed the beach….doesn’t seem to keep the locals from swimming though.

Most people who fish BM think it’s the worst lake in the world but once you learn it and how to fish it, it’s a good fishery. Wake boats, skiers and wave runners can quickly get annoying though, you’ll find them there even at 7am on a Tuesday and there are ALOT of uneducated boaters there.

Reactions: Don

Don

Beltzville is all about why rules were invented in the first place. Its probably the worst ramp traffic besides WPaupack. I'm suggesting that BM will improve as the water player are gone. Its a long haul though for the Group to meet there. Those guys up north are still driving Flintstone cars. kalump kalump kalump, you've seen them. I'd be happy to meet TC there if TS can put us onto some Oct - Nov Crappie. I don't have electronics yet.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Beltzville is all about why rules were invented in the first place. Its probably the worst ramp traffic besides WPaupack. I'm suggesting that BM will improve as the water player are gone. Its a long haul though for the Group to meet there. Those guys up north are still driving Flintstone cars. kalump kalump kalump, you've seen them. I'd be happy to meet TC there if TS can put us onto some Oct - Nov Crappie. I don't have electronics yet.

I can definitely get you to some spots for crappie. I can map them for you or just meet you up there. Rumor has it, my arm twists quite easily when it comes to fishing. ;)

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

I'm game. I have a Lowrance (Elite 4 something or other I think, maybe) somewhere. Last time I tried it it didn't work. I meant to check the battery and never did. I'll have to look for it. Transducer is on an arm that goes down over the side. You need to install some gear tracks on that drift boat ;) I'm sure we can figure a way to rig it up once I figure out if it is working or not and charge or replace the battery. I never did really learn to use it properly.

Don

I have one as well just never hooked it up. In big deep lakes they can be helpful.

Solitario Lupo

Just buy a transducer mount that just clamps on. I had mine attached to the boat but every time I went in and just pulled the boat up it would get scratched on the little gravel so I use a clamp so I can take the transducer completely out of the water.

Don

Yes I have that but old Lazy Bones hasn't hooked it all up and its stored 11 miles away where I cant just step out there and grab it. Its a new Black and white screen Hummingbird.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’ll be making the pics or it didn’t happen post today. ;). Today my buddy Brian and I hit the salt after a too long break. We left out of Leonardo, NJ and headed down to Shrewsbury Rocks. Caught a few undersized fluke, a few Black Sea Bass up to 16 1/2” and a couple blues.

Since it wasn’t fishing as good as we were hoping, we left for another spot about 3 miles north where we’ve found good fluke success in the past and it was game on for Black Sea Bass up to 17”. We boated well over 100 between the two of us, my first ever Bonito and a few more blues and a couple of sea robin to round it out. My elbow actually hurts tonight from all of the jigging and reeling.

We both kept our 2 each limit, the last day of the current season too. I do not like them but Brian does so he will get to enjoy all 4. Sorry, no pics but what fun!

Don

I hear sea Robin is excellent. I caught one. 18” at tip of sandy hook. Wish I’d have kept it. Never caught a sea bass. Any keeper size fluke?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You don’t like sea bass?

I’ll eat it but it’s nothing I crave so to speak. I didn’t want to bring it home and put it in the freezer thinking I’d eat it one day and then find it burnt a year later.

I hear sea Robin is excellent. I caught one. 18” at tip of sandy hook. Wish I’d have kept it. Never caught a sea bass. Any keeper size fluke?
No keeper size. :(

Don

Troutspinner, I really wish I had retained my 238DLV Carolina Skip. It was great for Raritan and other.
So, Blue Marsh, hmmmm. I don't want to fish in dangerous algae but that will go away soon. I only mentioned electronics because I've heard that it gets you on fish sooner. The thing I look is structure. A few gentle hints of where to go once I leave the dock would be helpful. It is a beautiful lake. The last time I visited was to have my boat inspected and approved for registration by a Naval Architect. It was Dry Brooks boat ramp. Remembering that we are largely people powered boaters where would you recommend TC and I put in?

Don

I’ll eat it but it’s nothing I crave so to speak. I didn’t want to bring it home and put it in the freezer thinking I’d eat it one day and then find it burnt a year later.

No keeper size. :(
I remember catching so many bluefish in the 4-5 lb size that my hands and arms felt heavy.

Don

I’ll be making the pics or it didn’t happen post today. ;). Today my buddy Brian and I hit the salt after a too long break. We left out of Leonardo, NJ and headed down to Shrewsbury Rocks. Caught a few undersized fluke, a few Black Sea Bass up to 16 1/2” and a couple blues.

Since it wasn’t fishing as good as we were hoping, we left for another spot about 3 miles north where we’ve found good fluke success in the past and it was game on for Black Sea Bass up to 17”. We boated well over 100 between the two of us, my first ever Bonito and a few more blues and a couple of sea robin to round it out. My elbow actually hurts tonight from all of the jigging and reeling.

We both kept our 2 each limit, the last day of the current season too. I do not like them but Brian does so he will get to enjoy all 4. Sorry, no pics but what fun!
Found this for you.

MB3

We hit Shohola early to avoid the rain but we fished in it anyway (timing means everything and I have none of it). Slower day but I managed this 16" LM, a Crappie and a decent amount of Pickerel. I had one bite that slammed me but got away. Shiela had a Bluegill and some Pickerel. OK outing, better than projects all weekend which is what we do in our spare time.

Attachments

• 7933.jpeg
    7933.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 6

Melvinp

Hit the creek today for a bit waters up so couldn’t move around any but fishing was pretty good for time invested 1 smallmouth 1 fallfish for me 3 smallies for my fishing buddy definitely eating crawfish no pics so just a fish tail maybe tomorrow

Don

We hit Shohola early to avoid the rain but we fished in it anyway (timing means everything and I have none of it). Slower day but I managed this 16" LM, a Crappie and a decent amount of Pickerel. I had one bite that slammed me but got away. Shiela had a Bluegill and some Pickerel. OK outing, better than projects all weekend which is what we do in our spare time.
I almost tried There yesterday. At the last minute I turned in to Gouldsboro. The fishing was ok but the three fish that felt like something wrapped me around contain and I couldn't get them free. I never even saw them. Gouldsboro is at its worst right now and I wish I had bait and floats to work right up close. I had pre-decided to use beetlespins.

Reactions: MB3