What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Pair of decent Bass pulled out of Shohola. I had another small one and 10+ Pickerel. Tons on and off too. This was from Friday. Fishing is a back burner passion at the moment. I'm hoping to rededicate myself once some projects are complete and we find a car for the Son. No more moving or big projects after the Winter.....I hope.
Nice dark fish there. Fishing mat or have they recently retreated from there.

Don

Is that the grass that grow up to surface and leans over along the surface. Tangled up the prop?

Gremcat

Feel like @MB3 these days, so much to do I missed a trip north over the long weekend. Next two weeks it’s ATL and ATL back to back.

And to think, a year ago I missed traveling. Need my head examined. I think it was fabricated enjoyment with planes/airports empty for Covid. It’s back to pre-pandemic crowds and I just heard the ATC that covers ATL is either understaffed or had a walkout over Vax delaying/canceling a historical number of flights. Good times,,,,,,

Gremcat

Didn’t catch him yet but he keeps raiding cans/feeders then prancing past me at 20 yards and I’ll let him catch an arrow. Love that they keep dropping nuisance bears up here,,,,,, right across the gorge is miles and miles of wilderness. Probably harder for access vs. back up to neighborhood and dump. Least the 600 lbs. resident stays scarce and seems to be above can raiding.23182E14-C1A1-49F7-9872-F15D1324E1EB.jpeg

Gremcat

Bear Season opens Sat I think. Almost punched my other tag right after Opener on a smallish 8pt. I didn’t burn a tag, probably regret it. Quick hunts and all I do is wonder how the fishing is in the north. Lake run browns and steel on my mind. Brother doesn’t hunt but devours deer so trying to help him out.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Bear Season opens Sat I think. Almost punched my other tag right after Opener on a smallish 8pt. I didn’t burn a tag, probably regret it. Quick hunts and all I do is wonder how the fishing is in the north. Lake run browns and steel on my mind. Brother doesn’t hunt but devours deer so trying to help him out.

That is how it was for me 8-10 years ago. Salmon and then Striper trips took place of archery hunts. There are only so many weekend in the fall, not all can be used for hunting / fishing and the next thing you know, it’s rifle season. Work gets busy and I found myself making only 1 or 2 rifle outings until I finally skipped hunting altogether last year.

I have not even purchased a license this or last year and I doubt I will. I still have fish on the brain and once again, I know there is only so much time until old man winter sets in. On top, work has become even busier this fall than any other fall I’ve experienced. Odd times. I should never look a gift horse in the mouth but the call of the wild is hard to ignore.

Don

I haven't hunted deer in 35 years and doubt I ever will again. But I have been thinking about squirrel and a few others to hunt. I mis Squirrel pie and dumplings.
Yesterday I found a Black Squireel near Hidden Lake. They have some in Shahola and in District of Columbia. They are pretty and are reported to be a sub-group of Grey Squirrels in our area.

Last edited:

Don

I miss fall on the farm. I loved Pheasant hunting. Nothing like cornfields and fencerow hunting with the old 16 Featherlike Ithaca.

Gremcat

I haven't hunted deer in 35 years and doubt I ever will again. But I have been thinking about squirrel and a few others to hunt. I mis Squirrel pie and dumplings.
Yesterday I found a Black Squireel near Hidden Lake. They have some in Shahola and in District of Columbia. They are pretty and are reported to be a sub-group of Grey Squirrels in our area.
Scirius Carolinensis, pretty black squirrels, I have pics of Southern larger saddled color variety Scirius n. Niger from a hunting trip to Albany GA. I wish I’d had a 22. I saw the small black variety, the large variety, and even the large variety in black that I thought was a black ground hog. The southern variety they call a Cat Squirrel sometimes. They are pretty large too. I’m a squirrel hunting fool or was. I should reach out to buddies in NC and tag along on a dog hunt for them this fall. Bucket list to get one and maybe mount it with my gator head grabbing it out of water.

Gremcat

I bailed on the Albany, GA trip the second year unfortunately. I had planned to bring a .22. I’d resigned my gig in SC Low Country and traveled home after months away from a very pregnant wife.

Melvinp

I bailed on the Albany, GA trip the second year unfortunately. I had planned to bring a .22. I’d resigned my gig in SC Low Country and traveled home after months away from a very pregnant wife.
Does that mean another on the way?