What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
@Don might be a good thread to start.

I hit up Blue Marsh again today as my buddy Brian had the day off of work. Usually when he schedules a day off, a cold front hits with 900 mph winds. Lol.

Anyways, we boated about 15 bass, a pretty even split on smallmouth and largemouth. Brian got the winner of the day at 3lbs 6 ounces. No pics today, I didn’t catch any that I just needed a pic but I did get a couple of pics of Brian’s for him but I don’t like to post friends without them knowing.

All of Brian’s fish were caught on Senkos, mine were a combo of Senko and Texas rigged large Ned’s.

Don

Pretty cool. Charlie tuna got nuthin on you. When u say Texas rigged Ned I’m. Confused. Pegged? Swivel? Pretty cool.

Don

Arbiter TS. Will you please move the posts to a new thread discussing Jigs and Rigs or some similar. I'm catching fish on plastic now and I'd like to learn more and also be more precise with the components. Maybe start with post #1381. Do as you see fit but I'd put it in Bait, Lures and Tackle or start a new category called "Techniques"
What say thee?

Don

I sold Mine. Didn't like it. Kind of like a neutered Pig. Don Mang gave me a thirty size Shimano 3000 and I spun it up with 15 lb mono for stripers tomorrow. For Back up I have a smooth as silk Penn 710Z with 12lb on it.

A-5

Reel is fine. No clicker on the drag. Which cost me. I listen for the clicker. Screws me up. Steelhead you need to adjust the drag on the stage of fight loose early. Tighter as they tire.

Don

Thats it, I hate that. But I also felt that the drag was wishy washy...hard to get a feel for.

Gremcat

Nothing, I’ve been out 3x but only semi serious 45/60 min trips. Today on 3 hrs sleep we hit creek hoping it wouldn’t still be mud. Had 1 5-6 lbs brown spit hook. Then skunked, like I forgot how to fish or something. Should’ve hit it yesterday before the storm but had some work stuff and really needed to see barber. He’s 40 mins away, 0 English, really hard to get time with. I was hoping the rain in JT was the same on other areas. Drove 30 mins to a creek and first time I’ve seen it muddy. By today it had cleared some, holds water poorly sadly. MC my favorite, I walked with Elaina when I got in from CT. A few fishing with kids derby a week ago. Looked like small fish and seeing a few dead on bottom with a 75 yo standing on a 14” palomino using a spinner was enough for me. Heart just isn’t in it. I’ve to drill anchors to mount screens at hatchery and all my spring work is done. Sadly, I’m in Louisville M-W, Thurs we leave for Cape May. Already too hot to fish. Come on cold weather systems,,,, lol.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Piece of crap shimano sienna. Cost me a 12lb fish.
Best advice you gave me, Okuma. My trout reel isn’t as smooth as cheaper models but the steelhead/salmon model you recommended is pretty fantastic for the low cost. It doesn’t get much use but a few others that use my custom stuff used it and all where happy with performance. Held a 45 lbs Salmon on 4-6 lbs leader. Forget which I used that first trip.

Blackcat Outdoors

View attachment 3336View attachment 3337View attachment 3338
We got the old man out on Tobyhanna early. We all had multiple pickerel but I managed 2 Bass (16.25" best) and a solid Perch. The active fish was nice but the best part was getting my Dad out there. He's slowing way down so these trips are a bit more special.
I've been trying to get my Dad out on my buddies boat for two summers now and he just ain't going for it. Glad you got yours to go. 👍