What did you Catch Today?

HenryDavid

After them again, short lived hatch and action tonight, got 3 on dries and a few on poppers before the hatch
4.jpg
1.jpg

Best of the night
20190101_173257_00.JPG20190101_171052_02.JPG

Tried a topwater lure on the spinning rod on the walk back, quite a few blow ups but no hookups. One that surprised
the BeJeebus out of me, close to shore. I don't think it was a smallie, huge splash, then a flip and big tail splash, I only felt
the fish for a split second before he shook the lure. Also saw an eel while wading back to shore in the dark, 2nd one I've seen
this year on that stretch of river.

Bootfoot

fished The river from 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Nice day, overcast and cloudy all day, river at a good level, water clarity was clear but not gin clear. Ended with 13 SMB largest going 17” and about an 18” juvenile striper. We had another 6 or 7 escape before we were able to get them in the boat. One of the escapes was a quality 16 to 17” fish. White rapala jerk baits ruled the day and ned rigged PB&J sticko gets an honorable mention.

HenryDavid

fished The river from 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Nice day, overcast and cloudy all day, river at a good level, water clarity was clear but not gin clear. Ended with 13 SMB largest going 17” and about an 18” juvenile striper. We had another 6 or 7 escape before we were able to get them in the boat. One of the escapes was a quality 16 to 17” fish. White rapala jerk baits ruled the day and ned rigged PB&J sticko gets an honorable mention.
Wow, nice outing, which river, lol

Bootfoot

Do you fish Peace Valley anymore?
If that question is meant for me the answer would be ive only fished peace valley out of utter and complete curiosity and Boredom maybe once every couple of years. I don’t really recall the last time I was there. I think it was during the hysteria of the covid shutdowns.

also, to be clear, the 14 fish were caught between two anglers. It was a long hard day of fishing.

Don

I swam the length of it as it was being filled with my cousin started by walking in creek at Dave’s Sporting goods in danboro and eventually forced to swim we got out on the dam. Can’t believe how long ago it was. Seems like yesterday.

HenryDavid

1 small smallmouth today water levels are way low
The hatch didn't get going til after dark. I saw a few bass rising, moved out to get within casting distance and every time I did they moved out further. One nice one shook the hook, one break off, and one small one on the dry flies. 4 small ones before dark on a green popper but one broke me off on that one too.