What did you Catch Today?

Don

Threw him back for the megaladons. Giving Pond is very low...3-4' low. Fishing was slow. I caught the Cat and one small gill but two or three guys caught Bass including one 18 inch. Water was like bathwater. I'll fish with worms until the water cools a few degrees. No Crappie noticed. Water very muddy looking.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Found a school of these guys today. I was only able to fool one with a Keitech but it was a good one at 8.8lbs.

7480DF66-9036-4586-85F1-73D7FF7BACC4.jpeg

They however were not the target today, these guys were and I was able to fool a few of them on a Keitech as well. I wanted to work on my suspended bass game today specifically with Keitechs. I guess I am getting better at it. ??

C6EBA737-E7E3-45D2-8190-46BD6C08277F.jpeg

Don

The ranger there said that Brown Bulhead is the only Catfish in this lake and that they grow huge compared to elswhere. Same with Rockies. This is the second on that I’ve caught close to a foot.

Don

All Small stuff Saturday but I had a blast learning to "interpratate" what the fish finder is telling me. This year I have been learning how to locate suspended species of panfish. It is a Blast. All those years fishing from the bank were so helpless felling. Now I can find and actively catch them wherever they are in the lake, hot weather or not. At certain lake I hope this works in fall to catch suspended Lakers and other. The reason I began fishing at Merrill creek was that it is close and also I heard that the next state record pickerel is likely to be caught there. My Wife found a giant Pickerel dead on the beach....probably some "Hater" handled it roughly for chomping his minnow....we'll never know. must've been 25+/". The attendant on duty at the ramp said that to catch these I should follow the herring balls on the open water. He said that the big ones become more or less free living once they're above a certain size and they follow the live bait. They're apparently caught on occasion at 30-40' by the Laker fishermen towing their planer boards.
With fishing, especially by me, its easier to know stuff than to perform it all. Ain't it all awesome?
Saturday, Lots of average gills. most at 19-22', one medium Pickerel and four smallish bass. It was fun. Even the dog had fun.

Attachments

• IMG_4404.jpeg
    IMG_4404.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Don

As for lures on Saturday I used mostly plastic. There are three types of plastics that I've not caught anything with and I scored with one of them yesterday. The ribbed Kieteck minnows....finally caught a bass with one. I usually do well with the Kieteck shiner, bluegill flash.
The Other losers are Texas rigged anything and Standard Senko. Nothing. Ned rig one bass. Jigs with trailers not even a bite. Shows I have allot to practice. Real Worms and Kieteck minnows were by far the most productive. Countdown Rapala and inline spinners worked well in June but when the water warmed they fell apart. Hopefully they will pick up again in cooler water.

Don

I hit up that stream again. It was no 100+ fish but easily 30+. One decent bass, 2-3 decent Perch and a Rainbow. I forgot my fly box so everything but one was on spinning gear. I have video, I'll see if I can upload something.
I like it when cold water species live with warm.

Reactions: MB3