What did you Catch Today?

HenryDavid

Spent 3 hours on the Susquehanna North Branch near Harding for the 1st time this year. I was surprised to catch 10 smallmouth with a couple of decent size mixed in with mostly smaller ones. All fish came on a "pumpkin" (brown) Fat Al on 1/8th, oz. jig head. I had one blow up on a fly rod popper but that was it. Water looks great, slightly stained - visibility down to a couple feet. Not many insects around and only a couple fish rising.

pabassman

Had a good night on the Pack. Solo trip so no glamor shots :). 6 walleyes, 5 stripers. More bait movng in. Almost no spawning but they have moved to spawning areas. Even got some topwater fish. Fishing will only get better once the spawn get rolling.

20230523_210511.jpg20230523_213150.jpg20230523_213802.jpg20230523_214816.jpg20230524_002320.jpg20230524_012700.jpg20230524_015833.jpg

Melvinp

Spent 3 hours on the Susquehanna North Branch near Harding for the 1st time this year. I was surprised to catch 10 smallmouth with a couple of decent size mixed in with mostly smaller ones. All fish came on a "pumpkin" (brown) Fat Al on 1/8th, oz. jig head. I had one blow up on a fly rod popper but that was it. Water looks great, slightly stained - visibility down to a couple feet. Not many insects around and only a couple fish rising.
What no streamer action

Melvinp

Had a good night on the Pack. Solo trip so no glamor shots :). 6 walleyes, 5 stripers. More bait movng in. Almost no spawning but they have moved to spawning areas. Even got some topwater fish. Fishing will only get better once the spawn get rolling.

View attachment 5191View attachment 5192View attachment 5193View attachment 5194View attachment 5195View attachment 5196View attachment 5197
Really you’re catching Wally’s on the surface you’re killing me lol

Don

Wow nice fish. I have stood there at the exact spot many a time since 1976. Never got that lucky. I also stood there before the concrete in the 60’s. It was an idyllic valley. Just down from there how the old creek bed flowed there was a nice pool where my mom would take me swimming. It was the only place I knew that had pickerel but I didn’t catch any as a kid. You kids did well.

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

W
Wow nice fish. I have stood there at the exact spot many a time since 1976. Never got that lucky. I also stood there before the concrete in the 60’s. It was an idyllic valley. Just down from there how the old creek bed flowed there was a nice pool where my mom would take me swimming. It was the only place I knew that had pickerel but I didn’t catch any as a kid. You kids did well.
Well, since you vouch for the location we will accept it. Ordinarily any fish pics A-5 posts requires proof of geographic location ;)

Reactions: A-5