What did you Catch Today?

Don

So it is still slow. I'm expecting it to pick up after this weather simmers down.

truecrimson

Yesterdays trip to Bear Place with Don. We each caught a pickerel and perch. Don's pics first.

Sun was bright and I couldn't tell if the fish was visible in the pics or not until I got back to the car. This pic was the best fo the 2 or 3 I took of this one.
20211019_115531.jpg

The perch struck a perfect pose for this pic, with his fins up and his expression matching Don's ;)
20211019_160601.jpg

My pickerel was longer, though neither was quite legal. His perch was longer.
20211019_151845.jpg20211019_115509.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Been catching bass on wood. Strange found bait ins cove and nothing. I give up

Good to hear on the wood. They should be up shallow right now and I’ll be targeting that tomorrow at BM. I found bait in two spots today, not going to lie, I got a little excited but I just don’t think they are in chasing bait mode yet in my neck of the woods.

I’ll be deploying a new secret weapon tomorrow. LOL. I like fishing football jigs but the last few times out, they’ve been anywhere from 3’ to 16’. Throwing football jigs into wood gets dicey….and expensive. :( so I picked up some headbanger rockerhead lures. Kind of like a chatterbait with the head shape but heavy like a jig. Hoping that lure will treat me well with versatility.

15EF2FE5-04F8-4390-95FB-BBC05D46860B.jpeg

Gremcat

The trip was 5 years ago now. They use Mountain Cur in NC mostly. It’s an NC thing. Forget the split but a Appalachia hunt anything breed.

I’ve caught zilch but fished zilch. Missed a big bear at 30 yards Sat, hit stand Monday before another Atlanta flight, had same 8 pt come in before I even sat down. XBow up, arrow in, 15 yards, andddd nothing, somehow if you cock an XBow with safety on or something it won’t fully cock. Now back in ATL until Friday. 3/4 business suit mediator between SVPs, 1/4 EE wiring IoT pilots, my own pet projects.

If I stop passing on 8 pts and whiffing on Bear I’m off first week of Nov and plan to go north. Come on Nov. Inwas going to take next week to but a chance I’d have to visit vendor in ATL Monday. Left calendar open and blocked Friday afternoon SOB, really?!? So kills most week for any multi day trips,,, maybe I’ll quit being dumb and fill a few tags freeing my fall to fish.

Don

A-5 caught all the fish. Keep workin.
I’m familiar with the treeing cut but never had one. I did have a purebred Patterdale Terrier. They’re raised for groundhog hunting but also squirrel, possum and coon. Patterdales are often good pets if introduced to that.

MB3

My Fall season has sucked! I have a bum wrist, over time dried up but projects being completed before Winter have taken over. I hit a semi local stream and caught a pair of wild trout yesterday. It felt nice to catch and release something again.

Attachments

• PXL_20211020_191040261.jpg
    PXL_20211020_191040261.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20211020_190540732.jpg
    PXL_20211020_190540732.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m seeing some good reports today. Maybe this cooler weather finally has them kicked into gear. Hoping the bite holds out tomorrow as I’ll be making a rare sunday appearance at the lake.

Reactions: Don