What did you Catch Today?

MB3

Pulled a few nice Brookies from a local lake. We had to work for them but every so often they would bite. Teaching our newest pup Dakota right. I think she was as excited as I was lol

Attachments

• PXL_20211030_183554391.jpg
    PXL_20211030_183554391.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20211030_184107407.jpg
    PXL_20211030_184107407.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

MB3

She is a Shiba Inu. We lost 2 dogs to age and health issues in the last year. So far? Not one accident in the house, super quiet and smart. Best puppy ever so far.

HenryDavid

Pulled a few nice Brookies from a local lake. We had to work for them but every so often they would bite. Teaching our newest pup Dakota right. I think she was as excited as I was lol
Nice looking Brookie, native by any chance?

Gremcat

This one hurts, worked like a plan til
It didn’t. Same one I shot under at 30 yards. This is morning after I spent a day looking for him. Arrow hit center shoulder and broke coming right back out of the skin. Been at my house every morning since and even hit my trash cans.113A0D93-8FDB-4B75-97D2-4F162389505E.jpeg

Gremcat

Caught some beautiful purple cheeks in the Lehigh MC confluence with my brother but no pics. Just a quick trip sun night. Waters really high right now.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Bear in pic was in leaves but if you look lower you’ll see I hit him right in shoulder plate. I mountain goated all over the mountain with 0 blood found. Even climbed the death zone near their denning area. Fall or rockslide there and buzzards or bears pick your carcass before anyone finds you.

Was happy to see him alive and wall with just a skin piercing the next day.C0C98D29-EE3C-4241-A67D-4706C9E89372.jpeg22651C23-70DC-43AA-B500-BE6001B4622E.jpeg2522869C-5C6D-40F9-8D0B-BF27464C55EA.jpeg756B0284-EA80-4731-B91C-EFA4D755265F.jpeg

Gremcat

Unfortunately, now all I’m seeing are bucks bucks and more bucks. Booking hotel up north to force myself away. 3-4 different bears and now zilch. Had a beautiful grey Fox at 10 yards, perfect oppty and even tested an older arrow at 15 yards just for foxes I keep seeing. I couldn’t whack him with the 7 eating and bedding in front of me. My new neighbor’s been up there and I didn’t want to blow the deer out in case he gets out this week. Tough call and 7 is like my dog now so probably wouldn’t have but time for Fox later I guess.

My pet buck, first saw and videoed walking with me on road/trail home one day.5C9EC691-3C82-455A-BD26-6E38B8A305BD.jpegCF83AE06-3468-4E47-A26B-61797B3973E0.jpeg02125E07-71B1-473C-816E-7E214F6B2FE4.jpeg

Gremcat

Occurs to me A-5 might be a bad influence. I used to be thrilled to catch 14-16” trout in warm weather and hunt when it snows. Now I’m hunting when bugs are biting so I can fish when everything’s 🥶

A-5

Well. My fall fishing starts this week. I might need to get a doe tag and let you guide me next year! Maybe muzzle loader doe. I’m not a huge rack chaser just want meat

Gremcat

Then there was 1 tag left, about the hardest shot I’ve pulled off, about killed me dragging her up the ledges. Dropped at shot, flop flop, ok let her kick out, flop flop flop, I go to looking for the buck chasing her then here a loud crash, she flopped over ledges,,,,,, right onto lower game trail I have a stand on for neighbor, no gutting there, straight up using lineman belt abd piece of rope. No trees, loose wet ground, Danner’s in for rebuild so wearing my son’s Skecher hiking shoes he was too cool for. She was enormous, wish I had a scale honestly. I bet she’d bottom out 150. My buck last year was 185ish and he dragged easier but I did have those horns to hang onto and better footwear.

Here’s to hoping the bear gives me Chance 3. Or the small bear, or any bear lol. I’m an opportunist not a real hunter. I’d have filled both doe tags, buck, and bear on their respective openers without XBow issues. C485B25A-11B6-4B25-AAE2-0C93DE2C9D1C.jpeg0747E2CE-49B8-47FD-9097-AFE7BAA6FD70.jpeg

Gremcat

Well. My fall fishing starts this week. I might need to get a doe tag and let you guide me next year! Maybe muzzle loader doe. I’m not a huge rack chaser just want meat
There’s a reason the big 10 everyone wants is still roaming and the small 8 is in my freezer. Heck I even split all the racks to save space last year, 10-15 mountable racks others say. I would Mount 1, it would need to be a 140” 8pt with mass for days and I’d do a pedestal showing one shoulder blade none of that looking like he ran through the wall mess.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I’d guide you but my honey hole is archery only, houses close close, if you don’t mind a walk, maybe considered a hike, down an old town road 2k’ to gorge we could easily get an inline doe. I have a Mountain Rie in-line with UL 4x28mm Leupold I had them update to new glass back when they serviced customers. It’s like carrying nothing. I haven’t used it in PA but killed piles in the south.

A-5, I’ll have summer sausage, etc if you want some. I used to fill my 3 chest freezers and run the meat wagon to 3-4 other families who all lived off it year round down south. Use some of your considerable leverage and convince PGC to “Put and Take” whitetail while handing out unlimited tags, lol, I could keep all of the boards freezers full. I got pretty creative with cuts, processing, and cooking.

I never liked it growing up and won’t eat it regardless of who cooks it present company included. I’ll eat the mess out of my own cooking though. After 1-200 deer in a decade or so you figure things out. You hear anyone say, buttermilk soak, Italian dressing, or worchesteshire sauce,,,,,,, run,,,,,,,

One year I ground like 17 back straps. My brother and other hunters were horrified. How could you?!? Umm, I have like 40 and we ran out of ground. Plus I hunt them year round, except Aug. I don’t care home much I like landowners and NC State AG, I did the 104 degree, 85% humidity hunt 1-2 times and never again

Reactions: A-5

A-5

I’d guide you but my honey hole is archery only, houses close close, if you don’t mind a walk, maybe considered a hike, down an old town road 2k’ to gorge we could easily get an inline doe. I have a Mountain Rie in-line with UL 4x28mm Leupold I had them update to new glass back when they serviced customers. It’s like carrying nothing. I haven’t used it in PA but killed piles in the south.

A-5, I’ll have summer sausage, etc if you want some. I used to fill my 3 chest freezers and run the meat wagon to 3-4 other families who all lived off it year round down south. Use some of your considerable leverage and convince PGC to “Put and Take” whitetail while handing out unlimited tags, lol, I could keep all of the boards freezers full. I got pretty creative with cuts, processing, and cooking.

I never liked it growing up and won’t eat it regardless of who cooks it present company included. I’ll eat the mess out of my own cooking though. After 1-200 deer in a decade or so you figure things out. You hear anyone say, buttermilk soak, Italian dressing, or worchesteshire sauce,,,,,,, run,,,,,,,

One year I ground like 17 back straps. My brother and other hunters were horrified. How could you?!? Umm, I have like 40 and we ran out of ground. Plus I hunt them year round, except Aug. I don’t care home much I like landowners and NC State AG, I did the 104 degree, 85% humidity hunt 1-2 times and never again
well I have a Tenpoint crossbow😜