What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

Missed a few brutes including one who I didn’t expect and caught me in a poor knot,,,,, again,,,,,, been super careful to check leaders constantly, recut knots I didn’t like, etc. Did a hasty cinch on a swivel rather than replace leader and it popped on a 26”er I wasn’t expecting, 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Gremcat

Caught a few more missed a few, couldn’t hit the new stretch I found loaded up. Had to see my Mom off after lunch yesterday so trip cut short. Did see another club guy out in snow and he had beelined to a favorite spot I had planned. I stopped to look at a new stretch quick at sunrise and he had landed 6-8 spooking the rest. The next more technical run I gave him first casts at. Then busted out the Imperial and plucked 3 in a row. Ego was quickly tamed when my leader wrapped my mainline. Clipping it to get it unsnarled I cut the leader right at the sinktip on the line I just made the night before. Luckily I could strip some sink with my teeth and expose the core to hastily patch inside 45 mins. Downhill from there until I hit a wild brown. B23A8443-31B6-49DB-A237-6ABFEA9B9C7E.jpeg6665B965-C702-4E26-8AB1-4F2703682A0C.jpeg

Gremcat

Wild brown looks pretty spawned out for his length. He probably fought harder than most of his much larger stocked brethren. Folded my rod in half at one point. Love those wild browns for their fighting spirit.

HenryDavid

Wild brown looks pretty spawned out for his length. He probably fought harder than most of his much larger stocked brethren. Folded my rod in half at one point. Love those wild browns for their fighting spirit.
Are you having any issues with line freezing yet?

Gremcat

Nope not yet, I’m still testing through the dozen or so premium lines I bought. No clear winner yet. I did avoid braids even high end ones on the last re-spool knowing I was going into winter.

Just had Booster and flu vax with bad cold. It’s a 5th grade science fair in there at the moment. If I emerge I’ll be out again soon.

Don, I kept a couple with my bro but 98% have been released including all my last batch. Meat is bright orange on big Bows but I’m mostly a release guy.

Don

Nope not yet, I’m still testing through the dozen or so premium lines I bought. No clear winner yet. I did avoid braids even high end ones on the last re-spool knowing I was going into winter.

Just had Booster and flu vax with bad cold. It’s a 5th grade science fair in there at the moment. If I emerge I’ll be out again soon.

Don, I kept a couple with my bro but 98% have been released including all my last batch. Meat is bright orange on big Bows but I’m mostly a release guy.
Getting bigger up there! Send a 20 lber pic next.

Don

I don't know what it is that I'm looking at. Are the silver fish Bows? Please help the non-trout members. 3-6lbs?

Don

They're pretty impressive. Most of the Bow I've caught are lousy tasting hatchery jobbers. These are some very good family times that you're recording. Thanks

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

They're pretty impressive. Most of the Bow I've caught are lousy tasting hatchery jobbers. These are some very good family times that you're recording. Thanks
Don fish com. Stocked trout taste nasty eat stocked trout from clubs taste better. Plus a lot cleaner and better for you. Those fish coming from Erie and Ontario aren’t the cleanest. Think book says one meal a month. That’s Erie don’t know about Ontario but Erie feeds it so.

HenryDavid

Yea all bows. Bigger ones go average 5-10lb.

HD edit on my phone.
Well I meant what software or App you use. I'd like to make some slightly more stylish videos during ice fishing season. I had an idea :unsure: if we could create a Pa-Angling YouTube channel we could share videos to it, maybe do some original productions, share them on facebook ect. to bring in some new forum members.

A-5

iPhone has iMovie built in to the phone. I use that. Haven’t edited on iMovie on a computer for almost 10 years. But apple is the way to go.

Blackcat Outdoors

Well I meant what software or App you use. I'd like to make some slightly more stylish videos during ice fishing season. I had an idea :unsure: if we could create a Pa-Angling YouTube channel we could share videos to it, maybe do some original productions, share them on facebook ect. to bring in some new forum members.
Inshot works well. I use it for a lot of my videos. I used to use filmora a lot too, but the last time they updated it, they messed it all up. Those were the best two I've found for editing on a phone or tablet, if you don't have an iPhone.

This is inshot:

This is filmora:

Sorry, nothing fishing related. You can kinda see some of the difference in the aspect ratio and intro/outro though.