Where am I?

Gremcat

And its Hot!
Yep, 108 today,,,,,, was 70 and raining at home. Swear I’m in purgatory and it’s following me. Wherever I’m leaving even Houston and Atlanta it’s unseasonsbly cool. Wherever I’m heading it’s brutally hot. Come on Ice age.

Don

Could be Tehachapi/ Grapevine/Tejon pass or something in Santa Barbara but I bet it is near 'HillCrest' in San Diego near Moon Valley Nurseries

Gremcat

John Wayne? Filmed Molly movie in JT. Somehow airport is John Wayne/Santa Ana/Orange and all airport staff everywhere plus others use names interchangeably. 106 when I started drive back toward Anaheim. In 30 minutes it’s dropped to 85. Im learning what the High Desert means and trying to wrap brain around not just the miles of million dollar homes out on ridges in desert but that in high desert it’s extreme heat and extreme cold the same day. It’s over 12k’ elevation and snows/rains a lot but it’s desert.??? Low areas never see rain but have green. How the heck are there wildfires everywhere I look in desert but it’s desert,,,, what’s even burning out there?

Had to run to a supplier in Temecula. Super green, colleague says “yeah it’s Temecula” like that explains everything. “Well they have a creek”. Still not explaining anything. It’s 30 mins away in next valley. So one valley it always rains but for 6 hrs in all directions it’s desert but high desert is way more arid at 12k’ and it snows/rains…. I’m in a foreign planet where biology and physics don’t work.