Where do you assume that they are right now

Don

When I went to the reservoir last week I marked very few fish. There was no activity along the banks either. Nothing visible anywhere. Now Im bright enough to no that this lake is full of fish. Then at dusk the bait was on the surface and they were being chased by fish and gulls. So where were they when I was out there? The water was 42-45 so I assume they were not very active. I am assuming the were holding deeper and were more stationary than where I was looking.
I noticed that TS went out to blue Marsh for a skunking as well. In this case he was marking some fish. I’ll try again this week. Water Should be near 50 in another week.

truecrimson

Well, according to union rules they get a lunch break and 2 smoke breaks every 8 hours. Did you look over by the port a potties? Sometimes they hang out there on break. And usually there is a cluster of them at the picnic tables ;)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
45 degrees is pretty cold yet. This past week showed some nice movement as temps warmed to get them spread out but if you are not lucky enough to find a school, you'll get the Dead Sea feeling.

A-5

Well, according to union rules they get a lunch break and 2 smoke breaks every 8 hours. Did you look over by the port a potties? Sometimes they hang out there on break. And usually there is a cluster of them at the picnic tables ;)
Here I sit so broken hearted had to …. But only Farted.

Here I sit Something like a Texan.

The education of my younger youth as a kid on a construction site PP.

The …. House poet he was called. Lol

Solitario Lupo

Some still might be a little sluggish slower moving baits. As for closer to shore the colder water fish will be there the warmer water fish probably still hiding deeper.

Don

Its very interesting having a fish finder. Like TS said just cause you find them doesn't equal a catch.

Don

Years ago I heard some writer mention that if small fish are around then obviously there are no sports fish otherwise the small fish would skedaddle. Is there any truth to that with regards to bluegills and Bess

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Years ago I heard some writer mention that if small fish are around then obviously there are no sports fish otherwise the small fish would skedaddle. Is there any truth to that with regards to bluegills and Bess
No truth in my experience. I’ve seen lay downs on Livescope hold bait, crappie, bluegills, bass and catfish at the same tree.

Reactions: Don

Don

This weekend seemed to indicate that they are moving off the beds slowly and into slightly deeper water.

Don

Beware Youngin’s,
Four more days. Four more days of freedom. And I’m looking for the young and careless first. I’ll take on an old fart if I have to but the young are my preference. Then I’m putting 3 of you into my freezer.
Signed,
Bass Killer Don

ps: Last year it never happened. Don’t write me off this yr.

truecrimson

You know if there are members here that it would only take one of us to fill your freezer ;)

Heck if you put me in there you can let Melvin and Randy go. They don't have any meat on them. And A-5 is all spawned out. He's no good ;)