Who needs a boat?!?

Gremcat

Another $2k in full, soil, and equipment rental. Probably pushing $3k today.

Finished filling and grading the yard. Only fill available was composted stuff so probably sink later,,,,,, hand dug last drain another 5’ to properly pitch and tie in new sidewalk drain, Repaired the railroad tie steps to hopefully buy another season. Cupola driver said he be here at 8:30 pm. Last big project tomorrow I hope. I’m whooped,

I’d rather have a boat to pour money in honestly. Least then even if it broke down I could fish while it drifted.

Gremcat

All this money to grow grass,,, and the mower started smoking along with other ailments. Called the local Ferris dealer. A ZT with Kawasaki motor upgrade and vacuum pulley Bagger is right under $10k,,,,,,

Rather have a boat,,,,,19A75B8D-ADBC-4294-8EF9-D6837DE27BE9.jpeg5387CA5E-7EA7-463D-8EF0-DF2498D76C56.jpegD97A3EFE-D4C6-464E-9CF0-D31F109DCC24.jpegFF3317A7-7001-404A-A36F-0041E1F0EF9F.jpeg

Gremcat

Radius sidewalk we had to lift out intact, dig drain down 3’ there I think, then gingerly drop 1k lbs of concrete back in place level without chipping,,,, 485A854F-FE0C-4F52-97AF-B89749ADC7DB.jpegC4901791-3A78-4668-8878-3A11B6FC830D.jpeg485A854F-FE0C-4F52-97AF-B89749ADC7DB.jpegC4901791-3A78-4668-8878-3A11B6FC830D.jpegC731B1F4-6490-4BAB-A124-90C06373506C.jpeg8F119119-1EDD-46D3-962E-5AD271AA0E01.jpeg

Gremcat

Hahaha, just sat down on our fancy Brazilian Cherry bench I re-oiled last week to make the last posts, catch my breath after going since 6, take my boots off to go shower/eat and I see a box truck show up,,, he’s early, soooo boots back on, and last piece of outdoor projects is here,,,,

My beautiful bride exclaims “Did you order white?” Ummm,,, no dearest you said it didn’t matter when looking at the 3k options and just go with standard color, “I don’t remember saying that. You must not have told me there were options”,,,,, I love her, she tolerates being a single parent 99.9% of the time, even changed my diapers when I was hospitalized after playing ping pong with a speeding motorist as a pedestrian.

“What color did you wasn’t dear?”

“I don’t know, I guess you can paint it to match the (tiny bit of )siding on the house”

“Umm, the siding we are removing for cedar next year or sooner????”

“I just didn’t know we had choices”

Never mind that we looked at 50 different designs and she vetoed mine based on somethings like copper edge, “fancy molding”, or concave roof “that looks pointy”,,,,,

I swear I’d rather have a boat. A giant friggin boat I could live on. I bet I’d have eaten dinner by now,,,,,,E96CAD1D-B443-41DC-A783-2ABF88222CA0.jpeg

Gremcat

The Brazilian Cherry bench was from our 1st anniversary. Dirt floor poor, our wedding photographer was the only “splurge”. He was a Magazine Photographer. At JC Raulston’s Arboretum in Raleigh there is a huge hidden bench between ancient Cedars. We snuck behind chain guards to get a photo there. Her favorite from the wedding. He touched it up to look “fantasy like”. I couldn’t find a similar bench so I had one ordered custom. I think Cites was just about to endanger Brazilian Cherry requiring a permit or something. I wanted the red/purple color and liked the idea of only oiling or sanding every few years. Going on 15 I think and re-oiling it looks brand new. Maybe the most thoughtful gift and somehow I raked in enough dough repairing Granite counters on the side to swing it then hid it at work for a month in a spare bay.

She forgot our anniversary,,

Good news, I’ve forgotten every one since but she’s never made a peep,

Gremcat

All hard work will be rewarded and you know the old saying about happy wife. ;)
Exhausted Husband? Lol, I’m a glutton. I’ve a dozen projects inside this winter and will just invent more if I run out. I think it keeps me from actually using my brain. You know, training myself to be a laborer in a future career. My wife is really a saint. She tolerates more than most would I suspect.

Gremcat

I think it’s accurate to say all will be finished about the time we sell again. Seems to be a pattern.

Positive note, place is about all set for a fall shindig. Let’s get the forum together. I may know a guy in the bedding industry. Somehow think there are plenty of new pilot model beds here to go around.