Wholesale Hooks

Don

In review I am happy with the choices shown. I own a box of the #4. I'll buy in bulk 1/0 for now. I have 10 2/0 drop shot left for the few fat worms I own and that should get me through summer.

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Solitario Lupo

Why do you guys use monster hooks? Lol. Drives me nuts looking at a natural presentation and this huge hook. Low profile stealth. If I nose hook a worm drop shot ag the number 4 goes on nor a huge 1/0 hook
I usually use small hooks for everything but Muskie. I get a lot of short strikes and miss sometimes but that’s how it usually goes.

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

I do the O ring and O ring tool. hook through the O ring. I've never just stuck the hook through the bait.

Don

My guess is that none of you have thought it through and you don't have arguments in support of your positions. You've said what you use but not why you use it. I guess PA and Boot will step in and clarify everything soon.

truecrimson

Never caught anything on them. Never even got a bite. So I keep trying different things. Not something I use a lot, but days like yesterday when my preferred methods are not working I start trying different things, going through the boxes.

truecrimson

The reason I use the O rings is because that's what I read about when I was first exposed to the idea in fishing magazines years ago.

The reason I use different types of hooks is because I have them. When I started I started out using what they recommended in the magazine articles. But I don't remember it now so I pick a hook I have and give it a try.

Solitario Lupo

How do you hook wacky style? Open, exposed, how.
It's been awhile since I've even looked at a plastic worm type lure. I'll have to send some pics. On some rigs you can try. If i can find them. But I've said the needle and little treble or plain hook. Or you can make it with 2 hooks on it to cover both strikes. Like a worm harness but with the hooks a Lot closer. Don't even know what a wacky style worm is so it's all about the movement and where to place hooks at.

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
My guess is that none of you have thought it through and you don't have arguments in support of your positions. You've said what you use but not why you use it. I guess PA and Boot will step in and clarify everything soon.
I snell a 1/0 Gamakatsu Octopus because it is what I had on hand when I started bass fishing some years ago. It’s the same hook I use for Salmon so that is why I had it already. It’s never failed me so there was no reason to try anything else.

Don

Ha ! 1/0.
I hooked a striper at the Nock with that hook.
Still waiting for pros to answer, 😂

Bootfoot

I hook halfway through the bait and the o ring. I use size 4 drop shot hooks but have a pack of 1/0 just because they ran out of size 4. 1/0 drop shot hooks are a little big for my liking but they fish just fine as well.

I’ve never seen a wacky rigged worm rigged weedless with The hook going in and out and then buried back in the worm. Now that I have seen it I can guarantee you I will never fish it regardless of who says it’s a great rig.

Solitario Lupo

Closes thing I got to a worm. This is how I’ll fish this. Size 4 eagle claw octopus hook. With the needle.

Attachments

• 2A3AB063-F412-452C-9D37-BCD6FA60B11B.jpeg
    2A3AB063-F412-452C-9D37-BCD6FA60B11B.jpeg
    949.4 KB · Views: 6

A-5

I snell a 1/0 Gamakatsu Octopus because it is what I had on hand when I started bass fishing some years ago. It’s the same hook I use for Salmon so that is why I had it already. It’s never failed me so there was no reason to try anything else.
👀👀👀👀👀1/0??? Wow. Raven number 4 for my salmon. Octopus!

Bootfoot

size 2 or a size 4 drop shot hook is what you need if want to fish a traditional drop shot rig which is a finesse rig. I drift drop shot rigs in the river with 3” senkos or BPS stickos and 6lb mono leader when the bite gets tough. I’ll also use these to nose hook senkos or small fluke style baits and fish them behind a small water gremlin split shot.

A 1/0 is on the big side for a finesse presentation. If you want to fish bigger baits then a drop shot rig is the wrong approach. for wacky rigging a 1/0 drop shot hook is fine but is the upper size hook I would use. I would choose a size 2 or 4 drop shot hook for wacky rig if I have a choice because I’m not packing 5 tackle boxes with every hook configuration known to man. I like to keep this stuff simple.