Who's going for opener

josey12340

Who is heading out into the circus on Saturday? Looking forward to it. My wife wants to go so not much fishing for me. She wants to go with her Dad and some other family members. I bought a new Blackstone griddle to take along. Looks like breakfast and lunch along the creek.

Don

Lol, Yes like me! Not only r u a cubs fan but also a primitive rig fisherman. What is this world coming to? Why not post some videos on Centerpin? Maybe you'll get some followers here. A-5 Clearly is ashamed of centerline as he's not said anything about the use, theory, catch ratio of those rigs...enlighten us.

Don

See that. You're not happy about Centerpin either. Someday I'll stop poking fun at'em.

Don

That’s the spirit. I don’t care for the opener too much. Probably not going for trout. Might hit Towhee for bass and pickerel.

Don

It is funny you mention that Josey as its been only 2 years since I was that way. And I don't even like trout. Since then I've been hanging with a much more enlightened group, lol, bigger goals occupy my thoughts.

MB3

Talked with my Dad and between cold temps, COVID as you know nobody respects space and his health he is sitting this one out. We might too, I did it religiously for years. The last 5 or so I'd be the one getting there way early to get my Dad a spot he liked. He would come down just before the horn. The least I could do for years of doing right by me. Our tradition is dying sadly but we might meet up later in the day when it's warmer and the circus thins out.

Busy weekend but I'll squeeze fishing in some where. My fishing effort pales in comparison to my over time and project effort. That will change at some point. We have Promised Land minutes from the house might give it a try.

Blackcat Outdoors

I have to work. Daughter confirmed she wants to go when I get home, so into the frey I go. 🥺

I usually combat the stupid, by hiking in further than most will go. Doesn't really take much, 90% will not stray more than 100yds from a parking area.

HenryDavid

The DHALO areas should be vacant, think I might give that a shot. I witnessed a stocking at Loyalsock Creek today, some big bananas were put in, lol, poor things don't stand a chance, the raptors were already circling above.

Melvinp

That’s for sure I hate the bananas for sure but it keeps the crowds at the hole because they can see them I’m more interested in the big dark one that’s hidden behind the banana

A-5

Lol, Yes like me! Not only r u a cubs fan but also a primitive rig fisherman. What is this world coming to? Why not post some videos on Centerpin? Maybe you'll get some followers here. A-5 Clearly is ashamed of centerline as he's not said anything about the use, theory, catch ratio of those rigs...enlighten us.
I center pin cause I like to catch fish. Flyfisherman like to cast.
And cast
And cast

and cast some more.

Gremcat

I’m going out if my flight gets back. Marion rescheduled their egg hunt for the kids to sat so it won’t be all day. I found a real nice creek but I hear it’s one that draws crowds far and wide. Luckily I found a few secluded access points below Francis Walter too that many wouldn’t fish with narrow pockets, fast channels and lots of wading required so if I’m over run on the good stream I’ll hit the Lehigh.

If anyone wants fish in a barrel the Beltzville outflow was the highest I’ve ever seen it Monday. There where 16+ trout up to over 20” visible against the concrete piers in the only still water. That spot’ll get overrun once sun really comes up though.

Gremcat

The private water is stocked tonight. I wanted to help but dates changed and I’m out of town. There’s is hopefully still a holdover that’ll weigh double digits in there too. If crowds get too stupid Sat I’ll head there I guess. 400 fish up over 20” and last year I saw a few teens fish it and that was it.

Gremcat

I’m in the house, burnt from leaving hotel at 4am to get here and not crashing until 1am this AM. Be up at dark thirty. No secret I guess, I’m going to try Lizard. Try and wade away from people. My Bro showed me a few spots but has said he heard recently it draws a big crowd. I’m too wiped to fill my pretied hook/flouro spool box. Will have to stop and re-tie as needed.

Don

What is it like flying right now. I have few west coast trips to make. Are the COVID police everywhere?

WADMAN

Work sun up to sun down. No fishing till turkey season mini vaca. Good luck to all who make it out. Stay safe, warm and dry!

Reactions: A-5