Wiper

Don

-Do any of you target Wiper on purpose?

-If not why not?

-Are they good quarry all summer, or are they more seasonal?

-Where are they in Warmwaters of summer? Are they suspended at the thermocline or do they go to the bottom like Lakers?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I have targeted them at Blue Marsh. I have found them from 13’-40’.

I had fun with them a couple of summers and chased them up and down the lake but I usually just skip over them now unless I see them working bait.

I haven’t really found an off time of the year, it’s just finding them grouped up. If they’re working bait, a Keitech or crankbait works, if they’re just sitting idle, a 1” gulp minnow wakes them up.

Solitario Lupo

Not sure if they were wipers but some kind of striped bass. Caught a couple both drifting worms in a lake (with no current);) Both caught close to shore. Pretty much in the summer.
I don’t target them as they don’t get big enough for me.

Don

I'm hoping to learn more from the wisdom and experience of Mr Paulpack himself, our own PA.

pabassman

Nighttime, from early April thru June. Main focus from late May into June. About a four week span when the alewife spawn is happening. / Stickbaits like rouges,husky jerks, 3.8 keitechs, spooks. / When its not raining. I dont do the rain anymore :). We dont focus on hybrids. Pures and hybrids mx together.