Yard Sale

Don

Today I found seven older rods and reels for heavier sized fish. One rod had stamped on it "Snagging Rod". I found that interesting. Another was a 100 year old Pflueger No. 1989 on a period Penn bamboo rod, plus the stand for all of them. $20 This included a more modern reel called a Penn 710Z. Can anyone tell me about this. It is medium-large as spinning reels go.
Then for $15 I bought the two large Plano style boxes just plum full of lures...every sort and style. It was like Christmas morning at the lake.
Do any of you guys use these old style tip-ups? Theyre yours if theyre worth the freight.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19

Don

I think I'll sell the Finlite and little Shakespeare. The old levelwind will go onto the wall as a display.

Don

I have a guy running gum-shoe sleuthing techniquiques under-cover... checking out yard sales and reporting back any suspicious activities or aquatic equipment investments potential. He is twenty something and works locally at Ace. His interest is more in-line with trout and other but he has helped me find interesting gear for pennies. Could be that the Penn 710 paid for the 20 dollar purchase I made for all of them.