Yucky weather

truecrimson

Tried to go out today but it was way too windy to be on the water. Made a few casts from shore but not telling where the lure was going to come down so I gave up.

Bought some grapes and a couple other little fruit bushes thought about planting in the ground and instead planted them in pots glad I did now.

Can you grow them in pots or do they have to go in the ground at some point?

Solitario Lupo

Bought them cheap at tractor supply. They come in bags and are hibernating but they started to grow so I put them in pots. At some point they got to go in the ground. I’m sure if you get a big container and get something they can spread out on you can leave them in.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A couple weeks ago, it was winter 2.0 lol. I guess this stint is winter 2.5. I suppose one day we will wake up and it will switch to hot summer.

Don

Sol,
I sell Grapes, Rasperies, Blueberries, Strawberies, Blackberries, Figs, Elderberry and more. Grapes can be frozen if they're cold weather species such as concord, Niagara and others. Strawberries are impervious to frost and our farm stores like Agway put them right outside. Figs are sensitive. The rest are touchy in the new bud stage but should pull through.
As for your fruit trees the frost will likely have acted as a flower bud thinner. it is likely that you will have fewer but larger fruit.
Any that you have in bags are leaving hibernation rapidly and will begin desiccation almost overnight once the weather warms again. They can take it outside in the ground, so get them in the ground as soon as time permits.

Best Wishes!

Solitario Lupo

Grapes I’m not to worried about as they are hardier. It was the gooseberries and Nanking cherry I got. They had already started so they went into pots. Already lost the goose as it started and I should have introduced it slowly to the sun but didn’t and it got sun burned. Doesn’t look like it’s coming back.

Also I’ve learned about establishing them before winter as the can die when first planted and frost hitting them.

Figs are growing and still in the garage.

Melvinp

I just hope this year is better then last no apples and the peaches had to be picked green or they rotted on the trees