Z-man Baits

Bootfoot

i don’t know about the best but they are the most expensive. I tried them and feel they are a waste of money. They are durable and their cost is offset by how long they last. However, I generally lose the entire jig in the rocks so their durability does not matter to me. I lose a lot of jigs so I couldn’t afford to keep myself in Z-Man products. i didn’t find I caught anymore with them and would probably Say I caught less with them but that’s so subjective. They bring nothing to the table for me so I won’t buy them.

Melvinp

Ok I looked it up and when they say that they catch all the fish all the time I’ll bite but until then they kinda look familiar already

truecrimson

They work for me. But I can't afford a lot of them. Can't say if they are better, worse, or the same as other brands of similar products.

A-5

Am I looking at the same things you guys are. I’m like totally baffled. Expensive?51976C12-2373-45FE-A5AD-C2E01D00FD8C.png

Bootfoot

Hmmmmmmmm, 12 or 30, 12 or 30, 12 or 30. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, this is a really tough call, Hmmmmmmmmmm, I’ll take the 30.

Attachments

• 2D1D1D9B-F789-46BF-8FA6-326B995EDE56.png
    2D1D1D9B-F789-46BF-8FA6-326B995EDE56.png
    1 MB · Views: 8

A-5

Understood. I prefer stik o myself. But begrudgingly bought zman for specific reasons. $7. If it helps well then fine. I’ve spent more for less I guess

Bootfoot

Since I pour my own jigs I have no fear fishing jigs hard in the rocks and trees. I snag and break off so often that I seriously can’t afford to keep myself in Zman baits which is why their durability is meaningless to me. One thing I really hate is fishing with someone that wants to try to retrieve every snagged jig because it represents a buck and a half. I try to free it but if it breaks it breaks and I retie. I could lose 6 baits in 6 casts. We all spend, I guess in the end I’m just spending differently. I can lose 20 or more jigs a day without blinking an eye. each jig head costs me the price of a hook, about 17 cents, to make. The real cost is the rubber on the end so I do my best to limit this cost. Actually been thinking of pouring my own rubber but I know that’s a whole other rabbit hole to go down.