Z-man Baits

truecrimson

lol, not only do I do everything I can to retrieve my own snagged baits, of any kind, in water or in air, but I try to figure out how to retrieve other people's if I see them hanging there.

Reactions: Don

Don

Sol pours good stuff reasonably. I have a bit of everything from every maker.

TC. I don’t collect stuff along the banks. That is what grandchildren are for. Even the mighty A-5 is working on that.

Boot. There are casting lessons for the poor and needy. I wish I would pour lead as some of these things look fun. Looking forward to seeing what DonM comes up with.

Bootfoot

lol, not only do I do everything I can to retrieve my own snagged baits, of any kind, in water or in air, but I try to figure out how to retrieve other people's if I see them hanging there.
I know where there is a submerged tree in about 8 feet of water in the Delaware river that has a few hundred dollars of SP minnows hanging off it. You can see every one of them.

Solitario Lupo

Pretty bold for zman to say that there product is non toxic I would think all plastic is. Been doing some searches and think I found out what they use and I can get it but wanna know from those that are using it how much better does floating plastic works. Also how easy does it tear.

FYI. It won’t float with a heavy hook.

Bootfoot

It doesn’t tear, it’s very elastic. In fact it’s hard to put on a hook. It will melt into a gooey mess before tearing. There’s better floating rubber out there In my opinion.

A-5

I’ve been notified. Go and throw your manns oily rubber worms you bought in 1890 for a great price!
8C2EC2F7-1951-4020-8B89-B63404F11B8E.jpeg

truecrimson

Yep then get one stuck in your finger and fall out of your vessel…..Again lol
If you guys are holding my feet under water while my top half reaches for something 8 feet down then I will already be out of my vessel ;)

As for getting them stuck in fingers, how do you think I was going to get them off the log? In my experience the log will tear before I do ;)

truecrimson

Last year I decided to really try out the Z man stuff. I bought an assortment of baits and jigs. I don't remember the exact price. But I remember wincing enough at checkout that the Bass Pro cashier asked if I was OK ;)

Gremcat

I don’t even know what to do with this thread. Do they make minnows? Preferably the kind that use gills? I can barely keep up with adding artificials to my steelhead arsenal. How the heck do y’all find time to specialize in so many species?!?