August already

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Time is flying for our house. My little girl goes off to college in a few weeks. This past week has a feel of fall in the air too. While I love what fall brings I know what is after that and my hatred of it. :(

Gremcat

Time is flying for our house. My little girl goes off to college in a few weeks. This past week has a feel of fall in the air too. While I love what fall brings I know what is after that and my hatred of it. :(
Yard clean up? A hot spring?? Seriously, how can anyone hate the cold? I’m ready for 4’ of snow daily and -30 for a few years! F this heat that follows me across NA. Record high in WI at 100 something. Get back to NY day 1 70 day 2 95. Get back to PA rainy and 75, day 2 90, I’m ready for the next Ice Age,,,,,

Reactions: A-5

Don

Most of what they call “record” is whooey! They don’t include the three weeks it was over 100 In 1980. And they don’t include 5’ of frost in Bedminster Pa in through the 70’s. These have not been record highs. Nor record lows. They skip the years it snowed in august in coudersport. It’s all about herding us into one world order and behavior. Bunk.

truecrimson

Not to mention that for at least a decade they have been going back and "revising" the old NOAA numbers from the last 100 years.

In the last few years someone found a collection of old hand written weather logs from around England in the 1700s and 1800s. The number ranges matched the un revised number ranges over the 20th century.

Don

Yup. And there are plenty more examples to go around…mini ice ages, two yr drouths and more in recent 500 yrs. Not to mention that the earth was tropical not a 100000 yrs ago but had ice one mile deep covering PA only 15000 yrs ago. The lens folks are using to assess our situation is full of grime. I like us as we are and am thankful.

Blackcat Outdoors

Yup. And there are plenty more examples to go around…mini ice ages, two yr drouths and more in recent 500 yrs. Not to mention that the earth was tropical not a 100000 yrs ago but had ice one mile deep covering PA only 15000 yrs ago. The lens folks are using to assess our situation is full of grime. I like us as we are and am thankful.
We've been in a series of ice ages for the last 120k or so. We're currently in a glacial minimum (the last glacial maximum ended around 10k years ago) and We've been getting slowly warmer since. The "mini ice ages" were usually caused by volcanism on a large scale.