Bite tippets

Don

I'm fishing for Striper this weekend at a Put-N-Take Reservoir (Spruce Run). I am curious weather Stripers are Leader shy??? The lake has some very nice Northerns in it and there is an unlikely chance that one of these may want the minnows or worms I'm using for the stripers. I know I asked this before but it feels good to ask again and piss a couple of you off, besides I don't remember what any of you said back then. Should I use twisted wire leader or 35-50lb mono or am I worrying too much again. Most of my rigs will have 8lb suffix and circle hooks on them.

Solitario Lupo

I wouldn’t say they are not. Any fish in different waters can see the line and get shy of it. The bay might be a little murky so they just don’t see it that easy. In clear waters if you can see it then the fish can see it.

I think your fine and don’t have to run a leader for bass. Maybe for pike if you want to get one in but even then you want the smallest you can.

Don

I guess I’ll take my chances then when fishing for striper and if I get bit off I’ll know it was a Pike and change my leader.