Can’t complain but damn,,,,

Gremcat

New group leader announcing tomorrow. Mass RIF next week it appears. I’m one of the few privy to the activities. Group leader role I turned down yet again. Think SVP level, I’m a bootstrapping dirt under nails type who’s refuted the ascension plan through 3 exec teams. More than half the candidates I just heard I have no way of working for. Think low integrity absolute cringe worthy personalities who I can’t even swallow pride to report to. F Me I should’ve just freaking taken it this time….. a few internals wanted to work for me over the years so it’s not all doom but they seem long long shots. Think person that would walk up and spit on your kids. Those are the ones being considered.

I’m not in the know I just know. Some at high levels respect my loyalty enough to give me a heads up.

Gonna be a Oban 16 year and watch for trout catches over the weekend lol. Leave for West Palm Beach Monday for 2 weeks.

I try to consider the right fit and who will elevate the org but everytime I turn down a role I just regret it. I wish I could say it’s 5pm/friday I’m off the clock. It’s just not that way and I’m not that way. I love reading the weekend fishing activities here. Somedays it’s the only bright spot since I agreed to take on a team. I have an obligation to them or I’d just walk.

So stop slacking and start fishing lol! Some of us live vicariously through nature or self imposed constraints. Same/same when it counts to fish in the net.

Get out and fish! Snow coming, sounds perfect to get on some cold water species. Do it for the masses and don’t be so selfish staying in comfort climates!!!!

Gremcat

If it’s bad enough you’ll see lots of FL catches Lol! F it, might as well enjoy the End of Days and maybe this is the answer to my prayers to have the right priorities.

I will miss my PA brethren. I’ve no preconceived notions I’ll stay state side to maintain continuity. Could be ok and land finally in Auckland NZ or BC/Vancouver. Or maybe I swallow ambitions and just agree to absorb 300 in a local site. That’s like death but guess bills need to be paid and if leaders considered are the answer I’d go from “anything but Ops” to “Hello Ops Family!!” lol gonna be a fun week or so. It’s not all gloom, I’m not an Ahole and that builds allies in other areas of business.

Maybe it’s Sailboat finally! Won’t totally break my heart.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Sorry? to hear that. The question mark is because I just seen it happen to my wife. She is 3 years away from retiring (her “real” job to go work for a fun job - she’s too young to collect) but she was promoted to management recently.

She was highly recommended by other seniors there and if she didn’t take it, she would definitely be looked down upon. Higher salary, bonus and stocks options so that is the real question mark. Who wouldn’t want that! Right? Well, stress! Money doesn’t mean crap! Quality of life is the real value.

Find a VPN, stick around!

Solitario Lupo

Sounds like you should have jumped on it this time. Who knows they may get rid of them if they start making bad decisions. Just think some real trout snobs out there that don’t really know how to fish.

Gremcat

Sorry? to hear that. The question mark is because I just seen it happen to my wife. She is 3 years away from retiring (her “real” job to go work for a fun job - she’s too young to collect) but she was promoted to management recently.

She was highly recommended by other seniors there and if she didn’t take it, she would definitely be looked down upon. Higher salary, bonus and stocks options so that is the real question mark. Who wouldn’t want that! Right? Well, stress! Money doesn’t mean crap! Quality of life is the real value.

Find a VPN, stick around!
I’m sticking around,

The work situ changes almost annually. I did realize I’m impossible to manage and without me the entire manufacturing network of 22ish plants idles to a halt almost instantly. Not because I’m that talented but because I’m literally the only person who has remediated their control networks and sadly out of 3500 including many Eng’s/Maint leaders I’m 1 of 1 who can build an instrumentation panel. Oftentimes I upfit from parts using nothing for reference lol. I never said I was a professional or anything. I just sorta figure it out. I also moonlight fixing other areas of the business from Legal to International Licensing to Finance.

It just gets more difficult when newly promoted leaders realize I have the “amazing” ability to hear their directive then say “Uh yeah no I’m never doing that” lol. I’d like to say that’s happened less than a half dozen times but I’m not a liar. Usually met with uncomfortable shock. We call it the hazard of my personality. It started as a narrative to suppress me with old Execs. I played it to my advantage and most don’t question the contradiction. How can I be an impossible personality and yet one of the very very few that can create cross function between all silos in the org. I am very fortunate most business unit leaders have a high level of respect for me and will collab or support anything I’ve asked for. They graciously ignore all my faults. My small team of 3 literally has the ATeam for a team name in Corp systems and the org uses the little van silhouette for us lol. An IT Leader claimed that couldn’t be used because only his team was the “A” players. So I used Advanced Technologies Team. They had to hyphonate for their IT system. When someone requests support or files an Incident the drop down hyphonate for us is,,,,,, A Team lol, Got ‘em!

Appreciate the group given helpful encouragement. GOD has a plan for all of us.

Or maybe more elegantly said in Latin from a BC Greek Poet:

Dum Anima Est, Spes Esse
“While there is Life, there is hope”

Dum Spiro Spero
“While I breath, I hope”

My Joe Dirtesque transliteration:

Ittle B Aight! 😂