Canned Fish, i.e. Sardines, Kippered Herring, Anchovies

Don

An unrecorded poll to measure the quality of your diets:
1) How many have eaten canned fish right from the can since as young as they can remember
2) which of you had mothers that would put a can of sardines or herring into your lunches
3) have you just recently learned to like them in recent years as a self sustaining adult
4) Do you make other recipes with them
5) you haven't tried them but affirm you will hate them and refuse to try them
6) you've tried them and hate them.

I am 1,2,4. Kind of all in.

Attachments

• IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2359.JPG
    882.7 KB · Views: 1

truecrimson

Allergic to either sardines or anchovies. Can't remember which so I avoid both, and anything similar.

I'd eat tuna (in water) straight out of the can, but I like to mix a can of tuna with a can of chicken and and a light amount of mayo. I don't see a reason to eat it straight when at home.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I've had tuna fish from a can or pouch my whole life. I love the stuff. My Grandma use to always have sardines on hand but us kids never touched them. I've tried several things over the years though and I can say that I am not a fan except for Tuna and Crabmeat.

Don

I've had tuna fish from a can or pouch my whole life. I love the stuff. My Grandma use to always have sardines on hand but us kids never touched them. I've tried several things over the years though and I can say that I am not a fan except for Tuna and Crabmeat.
And Salad Shrimp?

A-5

Shrimp, cod, crab cakes , tuna , halibut, and shark are good. You can keep the sardines

Don

Mako only on the shark. Only shark with a bladder. All other sharks excrete liquids waste straight through the meat and skin, Yuck.

Blackcat Outdoors

I've mixed the pouch/canned tuna in with meals for protein on backpacking trips. I don't really enjoy it much though. You can keep the sardines and anchovies 🤢.

Now a fresh Tuna steak from the grill and I'd be happy.

Melvinp

Mako only on the shark. Only shark with a bladder. All other sharks excrete liquids waste straight through the meat and skin, Yuck.
I’ve had mako before not bad but not on my top fish list but I would rather eat it then it eat me lol

Don

Black Cat I got your back, love sardines.

Mako is one of the few fishes that are both firm and moist and are good for fish chowder and so forth.

Boston Mackerel, Cod and Panfish (plus bass) are still my current faves. Also a fan of all shellfish are up there. Lastly manicotti made from Squid tubes.

truecrimson

Love shrimp. Not big on mussels and won't go near oysters. Calimari was tolerable but I have only had it once or twice. Most regular fish I'll eat but I'm not really into any.

I love watching fish and catching fish but I'd rather eat chicken.