Different kinds of retrieval methods

Melvinp

Only 10 feet really wow most of the time I’m trying to cast 25 yards or better. At that distance you can use some monster stuff. Are you fishing a current?

Solitario Lupo

It’s a very strong current at times. But I’m not fishing in the current. I fish where it begins the slack waters on the edge. Sometimes it creates something like a little whirlpool. They lay right in those rocks waiting for the baitfish to wash in.

HenryDavid

Today I had strikes and weak hook ups that resulted in no fish to the net until I started dead drifting, tied a nymph to the hook of my buggers and got about 50/50 hook ups on bugger or nymph. One thing for sure the trailer nymph tied off the hook of the streamer killed the action of the marabou bugger tail, it created drag and the sultry "swing" of the marabou was gone. Many fish took it on a drift though, caught some of my first brookies of the year, and some bigger browns.

Don

Sol, I'm always after dinner so I prefer fish that are as young as they can legally be kept. Not so much for Panfish but certainly for Gamefish. Pretty impressive fish you got there.

Solitario Lupo

I find that there is fisher people who are for sport and some are for dinner. I’m just for sport I don’t really eat fish so I’m always out for the best fight I can get.
I agree the smaller the better taste but unfortunately those musky have to be 40in or bigger just to keep not unless I read it wrong.

Don

Yes, In which case I wouldn't have the heart to kill them. Better to let them grow even more. But 24"-30"" Northern or 18-22" pickerel, look out.

Melvinp

After a few years of swinging the fly I’ve noticed how things change on your retrieval methods from not only year to year but as water temperatures and seasons change I’ve had times where the ( gotta smoke) do nothing just let it hang in the current ( maybe a little twitch) to ripping it back in as fast as you can how about you folks and when and what is your favorite