Don how did I do on this garage find rod pickup

Gremcat

Not garage sale, someone leaving area left at a friends hardware store. Belonged to his grandfather. I took best 3 of the 8 left.

St Croix Premier Salt

Seeker 30-50lbs Fuji

No name rod with Fuji

Penn 545 multiplier reel

Cabelas “Depth Finder” reel with counter

All on cost,,,,,, $ 0, guess I’m a terrible Garage Saler

IMG_6308.jpegIMG_6309.jpegIMG_6316.jpegIMG_6315.jpegIMG_6302.jpegIMG_6301.jpegIMG_6299.jpegIMG_6300.jpegIMG_6298.jpegIMG_6289.jpeg

Last edited:

Gremcat

Probably decent for their time. Looks like they spent time in a hot vehicle at some point. Guides are all STOUT, make my new Hx travel surf rod guides look lightweight.

Not any marks on green rod and fat thread epoxy makes me think it’s a homebuilt or rebuilt from another. Reel seat says DPS30 in tiny print and the other side says Fuji but that’s all I can see.
IMG_6290.jpegIMG_6290.jpegIMG_6297.jpegIMG_6294.jpegIMG_6315.jpegIMG_6316.jpegIMG_6314.jpeg

Gremcat

Don’t even know where to start on reels. Cabelas reel isn’t really worth much. The Penn seems to have a lot of parts online and still made. It sounds great clicking but I know nothing of these setups.

Don

I don't know how I missed this post but I did. These are good user rigs. Melvin needs a Depthfinder as he is learning to be a troll how to troll. Much of the original color will come right back on these with a few light coats of T9. use a cotton ball or shotgun bore patch and rub t9 into all the crevices. Nice of rigs Grem. What are you going to do with them? Get the one below as its the original Boeing Product.

1690976116748.png

use it on your fire arms as well

Gremcat

I don't know how I missed this post but I did. These are good user rigs. Melvin needs a Depthfinder as he is learning to be a troll how to troll. Much of the original color will come right back on these with a few light coats of T9. use a cotton ball or shotgun bore patch and rub t9 into all the crevices. Nice of rigs Grem. What are you going to do with them? Get the one below as its the original Boeing Product.

View attachment 5611

use it on your fire arms as well
I don’t know what I’ll do with em. A friend from work wanted to buy one. I told him any but the St Croix. He liked the St Croix. I picked up flex coat UV block epoxy to try to clean up the heat crinkle in the rod clear coat.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

@Melvinp
If you want the green maybe custom looking rod with the line counter reel let me know. Price is right, free.

@Don
I think I’ll use the longer Seeker and put the Penn on maybe to try it. Someone thought maybe trolling rigs. I’m sorta geeking on Shark fishing and Pelagic now unfortunately for my wallet$$$$$$. The popular setup is a 80 or 110 Penn International Wide spool and a drone or yak to run out 800+ yards to drop the bait. A 100 lbs 8’ rod and sand spikes.

I now know why the Capt didn’t want me trying to catch that bull shark without a rod specific to the task. I saw some videos of people being spooled and a spool of braid can run $400+

Gremcat

Will give my coworker who’s also a good friend the St Croix despite liking that one. He’s just starting to get into fishing and has a new place in Sarasota.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

@Melvinp
If you want the green maybe custom looking rod with the line counter reel let me know. Price is right, free.

@Don
I think I’ll use the longer Seeker and put the Penn on maybe to try it. Someone thought maybe trolling rigs. I’m sorta geeking on Shark fishing and Pelagic now unfortunately for my wallet$$$$$$. The popular setup is a 80 or 110 Penn International Wide spool and a drone or yak to run out 800+ yards to drop the bait. A 100 lbs 8’ rod and sand spikes.

I now know why the Capt didn’t want me trying to catch that bull shark without a rod specific to the task. I saw some videos of people being spooled and a spool of braid can run $400+
I’m aiming at salmon and big trout with this one but would love a small version for local trolling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6