Fly lines

Gremcat

I’ve a few spey style short shooting heads for musky sized stuff. Like 6-8wt range. I think the one is a 250g commando skagit maybe. Was too heavy for me and still too long. I made my own with flat taper thanks to advice here. It finally broke my poor attempt at a loop with the shrink material. I caught a ton of giants on it and it’s a quick fix but the only flat taper I found was an el cheapo off Amazon. Doesn’t even float very well. I cleaned it and treated it but not great still.

I’m so tempted to just take my 5wt RIO I’m not using and cut the WF section off. I only want a 8’ section or so but I want it heavier than 5wt post taper section. I splice it to SlickShooter on the back side and a section of heavy amnesia on the other before stepping down Flouro to my leader.

You know I don’t fish a fly rod right though so my experimenting was pretty heavy awhile. I have a replacement Imperial so will be back at it.

Have either a 7 or 8wt demo rod with a Lamson Large Arbor, Wulff Triangle Taper, ready to go for Steelhead next Monday so maybe I’ll finally “get right” 😂 Bringing the ‘Pin too though.

Back when I was messing around a lot I thought about getting into line welding. I even have a large automated tensile tester in my home office I could test my welds on. Not looking good for this spring though.