Great loop

Don

I guest neither a bass boat nor a pontoon. Would be appropriate for the great loop. Wish I had kept my Carolina skiff.

Don

I'd like to do the Great loop in pieces...break it down to 1 or 2 week jaunts. There needs to be a boat under me that I like and I'm not terribly picky as long as it gets dirty and beshevelled looking easily ( a man needs to feel comfy) Then in BTWN segments the boat has to be worth fishing at my favorite lakes. So a deep deep Vee will not do. Starting to think an old C-dory may be nice. Plainest ole' Jane I can find. Do any of you fish from cabin boats in fresh water?

Shared by AGLCA

Don

My cousin just bought a G3 Yamaha. 28’ and Jet. He is learning the Susky. He used to fish Oneida for yrs. Then lake George for several yrs. Then he switched to Lake Ontario. Every Spring he would set up for big fishes where the Niagara comes out. He said that the warm water coming off Lake Erie and over the falls was stimulating to the many species that lived in the area. Big Bass, lakers, pike. And more. That was when he had a C-Dory 25. It could handle the open waters.

Don

Yes, all down hill, lol.

There has to be some huge perch and bass waiting to be caught at the bottom.

A-5

Lower Niagra is huge and fairly easy to navigate just gotta know where to avoid.

truecrimson

Where are you planning to start?

I assume the Mississippi will be done going downriver?

Are you going all the way down the Miss or taking the detour to avoid the big barges?

Don

My real interests are in the Erie and Champlain canals and all of the inter coastal waterway from Manasquan to Florida. Also interested in northern Great Lakes and coast if Maine.
There are lots of resources In the group called AGLCA, ie discounts, mapping, marinas. Lots of side jobs nterests such as the James, Pamlico, pokomoke, chincoteague and more. It’s been 20 yrs now since we sold our sailboats. I’d like to stay in the water one more time.

Don

People that make this trip refer to the Mississippi as the trail to Florida and not much else.