How to catch fish in 50* water

Don

I’m asking. I’d like to catch walleye but don’t know how. There are Northerns in a lake 10 miles from here. I don’t seem to catch them. Thinking about shiners. Heard herring works even better.
What do you recommend?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
My best experience with walleye is in the Delaware River using jerk baits …. Which does not apply to lake walleyes. My best suggestion is to search YouTube, especially from the Pa or NE US area to get some ideas.

I have bought some lures to try on walleye, Rapala Jigging Rap to be specific but I have not yet taken the time to pursue them. When in doubt though, it’s hard to deny a live shiner.

Where to find them in a lake I think is the more difficult part. I “believe” I have located them in Blue Marsh in 2 spots and they are the 2 deepest parts of the lake and coincidentally, off of large rocky banks.

MB3

Are we talking Wallenpaupack? I'd like to get my 1st Walleye, I am way over due.

Don

Yes I’m asking where and how. PA Basser may know bout wallenpaupack.I’m I. A rowboat so that is too big for me.

MB3

I've read and have been told Fairview has walleye. It's much smaller and not that far away. I'm hoping to hit it this coming Spring.

Reactions: Don