I need help!

Don

I don't know what I'm looking at. I just need a battery that will last a whole day for me and the dog. The old battery is 3 yrs old and doesn't last a whole day. If I have a new one and retain the old one I should be fine. Not after a starting battery nor a starting/storage battery. Just need it to be a storage battery. Can you tell me what numbers I should have a lot of.
Here is an example: 31M Group Size, 675 CCA, 840 CA, 210 Minute Reserve Capacity, Deep Cycle

Don

I don't know what I mean Just storage except that I don't need to start any engine so I don't nee lots of CCA, right? What is CA?

Melvinp

Your looking for a marine/Rv Deep cycle battery something you can draw down to nothing without hurting the battery.I would stay away from AGM (glass matte) batteries for now seeing a few early failures in the auto world and lithium batteries are just to expensive for now.Even a good lead acid deep cycle can set you back around 200 bucks

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Can you just match your current battery since you are planning to keep it on board?

For your needs, you are looking for a deep cycle, or marine / rv battery. You don't need Umph! ;) (my term! LOL) or Cold Cranking Amps to turn an engine over though they still do provide decent CCA.

What are you powering with it? TM, graph? A group 27 has always done the trick for us on small boats with trolling motors.

Don

Hey TS , What is TM Graph and Group?
My current battery is in a storage barn far from here Or Id check what it has written on it. But I want a bigger amount of storage on the next battery.
I just use battery cables and simple connectors to attach the motor to the battery. The batteries are right behind me so when one battery is shot I can just move over to the next. Nothing wired in.
Melvin I draw the current battery down to almost nothing every outing now. Time to upgrade. Allmost all the mines in the world that harvest the ingredients to make lithium batteries are operated by slaves or folks working in slavery or slave like conditions.....such as women working long hours with their children on their sides, many deeply sick from the conditions. No Lithium for me when I can help it. Lastly one of my Neighboring farmers is a deka and Interstate Dealer and I get batteries for about 2/3 retail. my last battery was $60 and it still has some life left in it.

I am trying to make sure I know the descriptions well enough to be sure I buy the correct battery.

Don

Okay. he is a long distance neighbor....several miles but I'll test his mettle.