Is it Ice Yet?

Don

I'm thinking about hitting Hidden Lake tomorrow. What will I find as far as ice? Will I be able to get the boat in? Maybe Gouldsboro will be a better choice?

Don

Same here. But we have what is called the Pocono plateau here. PA lives just over it (north) as does Mbsheilas. I live 20 miles south of it. The Plateau is the futerest south that the glaciers from the last ice age stopped at. It’s a large flattish area and it contains many of the lakes many of us talk about. Most of us live at 2-600 feet asl. The plateau it all around 1200-1400 and is very rocky. Most lakes were manmade for harvesting ice. And the temps average 5-10 degrees colder than the surrounding valleys. So I’m hoping some of these members that live near here will lemme know the ice situation. None where I live.
Shahola, Promised land, Brady’s, Gouldsboro, Tobyhanna, Pecks pond, Pickerel lake and many more may have ice.

Don

Gonna hit Hidden lake for Pickerel. Should be okay. If I fall in it’s shallow. If there’s ice I’ll break it up. Their calling for almost no wind today.

HenryDavid

I saw a YouTube video of a young guy fishing Tobyhanna Lake with maybe 2-inches of ice on it. This was before Thanksgiving. I would be curious of the conditions on top of Red Rock Mountain but otherwise probably no significant ice most places yet. The Pocono Plateau has it's own set of rules, lol.

pabassman

I saw a YouTube video of a young guy fishing Tobyhanna Lake with maybe 2-inches of ice on it. This was before Thanksgiving. I would be curious of the conditions on top of Red Rock Mountain but otherwise probably no significant ice most places yet. The Pocono Plateau has it's own set of rules, lol.
I tried to post that video here. Blocked :confused:. Guys were complaining abut it not being safe. He was in less than 2 feet of water lol

Don

Yes. Plateau doesn’t have any lakes, lol. They’re all little glacier scrapes with concrete bandaids. I really like these shallow lakes until about late June.

HenryDavid

Yes. Plateau doesn’t have any lakes, lol. They’re all little glacier scrapes with concrete bandaids. I really like these shallow lakes until about late June.
You could do well with the pickerel in those lakes, through the ice with tip-ups.