Jigs under a float

Don

We touched on this briefly a couple years ago when I mentioned some old guys trolling 1/8th and 1/4 oz Jigheads under a bobber in Gouldsboro. It’s a new concept to me. Some folks brag about their jigs catch rates but then they go on to suggest that you tip with worm or crappie nibs. So is it the jig or the tipping materials that are attracting the fish to bite? I do fish very weedy areas and I love it. It has been my highest quest to learn to fish effectively in weeds. As mentioned earlier I’m putting together a light rig to use for this (not quite UL). I’m hoping to try this method of jig below a Float as I think it may add another level of accuracy in bait delivery.
Lastly, has anyone tried rigging Kieteck Minnows through the middle of the back so as to hang level on a jig or hook below a float. I want Uncle MelvinP to tie up some of these jigs for me:

Wager Baits, LLC

truecrimson

A jig is just a hook with the weight built in. If you would fish a hook on a line with a weight under a bobber then a jig is the same thing.

You just don't get to pick where on the line to put the weight.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

The bobber will do the work of a jigging motion in itself. As for the tip thing it could be the bait but it can maybe look like a mini or something attacking it that might get the fish to bite as it think it’s a double meal. I never could figure it out but my buddy does it all the time and works great for him.

Reactions: Don