No longer top secret skunk works UFO project

Don

Ya know it figures you would have A-5 along to do the singing. It is predictable too that in the end your boat would sail without you.
Do you have a safety stop so it stops if you fall out?
Nice job.

truecrimson

Ya know it figures you would have A-5 along to do the singing. It is predictable too that in the end your boat would sail without you.
Do you have a safety stop so it stops if you fall out?
Nice job.
The safety on the PWM is that I attach a lanyard to the SAE cord that connects the battery to the control box. If I fall out it pulls the power cord out. I tried installing a commercial safety and it was a real PITA and broke in the process. My advice to anyone looking to do something like this would be just skip the old fashioned PWM or ESC build and buy the Autoboat.

The safety on the Autoboat is that the remote has a 300 foot range and if it goes out of range the unit turns off.

And I really liked A-5's singing on this one, that's why I used it ;)

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

5 minutes of me learning to drive with the stern motor on Swatara Creek today. Definitely want to Switch out the PWM for either a wireless ESC , or at least switch the SAE connections out for Anderson connections. But then I will have to add a kill switch. Other than that, I should have done this 10 years ago. Fish didn't want to play today, though.

PS: forgot my tackle bag in the car, so I just had what is in my PFD. So I did not rig up the bait caster, just used the spinning rod.

pabassman

5 minutes of me learning to drive with the stern motor on Swatara Creek today. Definitely want to Switch out the PWM for either a wireless ESC , or at least switch the SAE connections out for Anderson connections. But then I will have to add a kill switch. Other than that, I should have done this 10 years ago. Fish didn't want to play today, though.

PS: forgot my tackle bag in the car, so I just had what is in my PFD. So I did not rig up the bait caster, just used the spinning rod.

Nice upgrade!!

A-5

That’s very nice

truecrimson

I always wanted to try one of those little RC boats now you got one to rid in.
Ghost riding (as they call it) was fun a couple times but going up stream in the creek was why I banged away on this for a year and a half. Come summer, I'll motor up to the riffles, jump out and drag through, then motor though the next run and pool...

Don't need a shuttle buddy or service now.

And the Susquehanna.. statue of liberty. And I can motor up to that spot Wadman told me a bout back on pafisherman.