Opening

Gremcat

I got home tonight and doesn’t look as bad as I thought on Brookie Trib to Lehigh I cross next to house. Lehigh looks a little high but haven’t looked closely at it. Might take 12 yo out or skip it. Went to grab my usual shiners so I’d feel obligated but place closed at 4 today.

Gremcat

Ehh, water back in trees in town. Maybe not worth it to fish tomorrow. Maybe I’ll just walk the small creek the co-op stocks. They don’t stock for opener so maybe not great. I’ve 2 gun coupons my wife won back in Dec so least I can get those.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I went past a few streams today, un-fishable, questionable tomorrow. I’m sure if you found some long deep pools, you could clean up tomorrow.

Gremcat

That little Trib is deceiving. Just crossed again after dropping rental. It’s crystal clear and looks really nice. I always catch a ton of Brookies in that big pool but almost never fish there.

Might have to fish anyway. I’m starting to think about all the chores that are waiting and my only 4 days home for awhile 😂

Blackcat Outdoors

Canceled my usual kyack adventure for the opener. There's some smaller streams I'm gonna try out tomorrow, but almost everything is completely blown out here. Sunday might be a little better, I'm still holding out hope for then.

Solitario Lupo

May not get that many people out or they will leave if not getting fish so I’m going to go later in the day and try. Thinking if muddy waters try my normal and stick with them dark color flies.

MB3

I'm more worried about 17-20 mph winds, 30+ mph gusts and 20 degree real feel. I just wanted one good weekend. I think I'm skipping the 4 hour staking claim for the horn. Might just mosey down around 9am and let 1st wave push through and see what's up.

1st opener with my Dad being too old to try. I understand it. Lots of good years but a tradition dies tomorrow.

Melvinp

I'm more worried about 17-20 mph winds, 30+ mph gusts and 20 degree real feel. I just wanted one good weekend. I think I'm skipping the 4 hour staking claim for the horn. Might just mosey down around 9am and let 1st wave push through and see what's up.

1st opener with my Dad being too old to try. I understand it. Lots of good years but a tradition dies tomorrow.
Bummer

Blackcat Outdoors

I miss opening day with my dad too. He hasn't been able to go for a few years now do to health issues. Usually taking my daughter out helps, but she's got her own stuff to do now, so I'm flying solo this year. I'll stop by camp later with some of my friends and have a beer or 2.

MB3

Blistering cold, winds did not disappoint and it was snowing. We got to say hi to Don from Ch 16 PA Outdoor Life. My 1st cast I caught a nice ~18 inch trout. I only caught 1 other small trout, Shiela got skunked. We did a 2nd swing by and the lake cleared out for good reason. Both of us got skunked.

We went to Snow Hill Dam. I had one in 3/4 of the way in and neither of us had anything after that. There is always tomorrow.

Solitario Lupo

Glad to see you got out. Wasn’t able to myself but still got the whole week and a second stocking for those that couldn’t make it. Don’t think I’ll be out tomorrow with the eclipse.

Reactions: MB3

Solitario Lupo

Went to my local creek Mingo and looks like it got hit hard with the rain last week. Hooked into one with the new glass rod carbon grip felt nice still gotta put it to the test. Trout look like they got washed out.