Rig Styles

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I could totally geek out about all of these different rigs….as I have with different Bass rigs but then I often question myself, am I over thinking this? When I was a kid, we would take a night crawler, a J hook and a sinker. That was it! And we caught!

A-5

Absolutely. I am guilty. I kinda roll with what’s on the line. Oh well I guess if I cared to catch fish I would worry about it. Some of us know a guy named Nick that fishes NY. He has a quote. “ sometimes the fishing ain’t about Fishing “

truecrimson

If I could remember them I would try them.

Hell, I can't even get beyond the improved clinch knot. I have tried many times to learn others but just can't make them work. I have a pair of shoe laces in my backpack to practice the Rapala knot in between rounds at work, but I always forget they are there.

I look at that page and think "Wow. That would be handy to print out and laminate and take along. Then I scroll down, and scroll down, and scroll down.......until I realize I would need to carry a 3 ring binder full of laminated stuff like that. Then I just go back to what I have been doing.

They all look like variations on the same basic thing that you can come up with as needed on the spot.

Melvinp

Heck ya do it all never no but that’s fishing every style every day with every bait and every color and type yep endless that’s what it’s all about and catching fish always helps lol

Melvinp

I did notice that most of the pictures shown were for trolling besides the rubber worm rigs