Rusty Stuff

Don

I just cleaned out my Tackle box from last year. I noticed that out of a dozen and a half or so spinners only one has barrels and blades that are shiny. They've all developed a "patina". Most of us call it corrosion. Do you shine yours up on a buffer, use them as is or chuck them and buy new ones. In general does a corrosion or rust of any sort scare fish.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You can try soaking them in simple green or CLR. They won't return to their original luster but good enough to keep working. I use a dessicant pack in each of my boxes, no issues since starting that practice.

Don

That sounds like a great idea. I have a bench grinder with buffing wheels but I wonder if the buffing grits wouldn’t also repel fish.

Solitario Lupo

Just soak in coke pop. And repeat if have to. The reason they got that way is you either put away wet or moisture got in. Make sure when you get home take them out to dry or just leave open your bags or tackle box.

Don

Just soak in coke pop. And repeat if have to. The reason they got that way is you either put away wet or moisture got in. Make sure when you get home take them out to dry or just leave open your bags or tackle box.
Yes I do the but a few pieces got away. At least I can drink the Coke afterwards.😉