Scrounge

Don

What pound test are you chucking these on and what does the terminal end Look like. Does you line end at a swivel and the 2 or 3 feet of a lighter tippet? Why no brushes?

Don

Lol if I was going to build things like that they would probably look like this I think buck tail would have a big minnow hooked to it
Lets back up a hair...Melvin shows a Plastic curly tail on that rubber skirted jig above. Are you putting tails, bait or minnows onto these jigs and if so how to you keep the tails on or are you just hooking them on the hook. Are these size 6 or so?

Melvinp

Size 2 I think.
i have all the hooks and never recieved the mold then i got the boat and gave up for now.thats the jig i used for the green and pink ones the black one is way to big.

Melvinp

What pound test are you chucking these on and what does the terminal end Look like. Does you line end at a swivel and the 2 or 3 feet of a lighter tippet? Why no brushes?
well the rubber one i would say from 8-12 mono or floro tied direct the smaller ones from 6-10 floro with a swivel set up with a float.Dont really like brushes with marabou kinda hard to work with.

Melvinp

Lets back up a hair...Melvin shows a Plastic curly tail on that rubber skirted jig above. Are you putting tails, bait or minnows onto these jigs and if so how to you keep the tails on or are you just hooking them on the hook. Are these size 6 or so?
The jig style has a barb on it if you tied your collar up far enough you could stuff a rubber tail on it.This hook is a 1/0 i think so its pretty big the smaller versions are size 6.If i added a rubber tail i dont think i would add bait.

Don

I thought this appropriate for Mariboo bodies and a worn or curly tail jig.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1

Melvinp

I thought this appropriate for Mariboo bodies and a worn or curly tail jig.
Try wrapping marabou close to the eye and leave enough room for your rubber critter to lay on the flat part of the hook just behind the marabou try wrapping the marabou like a hackle same as A5 jig video showed just blow on it as your wrapping and it will wrap a lot easier

Reactions: Don