St Croix CS update

Gremcat

Recap of latest I may have missed posting. I reached out on their phone line abd a helpful young lady told me I should’ve seen a response on the warranty in 2 days or less. She told me it was closing time but she’d have a warranty claim submitted in AM.

I waited a week then emailed her. Somehow she missed submitting but did that day avs I got a claim #.

I got busy and finally called Monday. After almost an hour on hold I finally gave in and pressed the Number to hold place in line for a call back. The call back never came.

I was driving back Friday from NY and waited again on hold for 25 mins. Here’s where it gets better though. Super helpful guy told me my fly rod though NOS 7 yrs ago was actually over 15 yrs old. He didn’t even have a record of a 8’ 2 piece 5wt. He told me for $110 including shipping I could pick a new model. I went with an 8’6” 5wt imperial 2 piece. Then for the Premier Spinning rod with the guide insert that popped out he told me they normally send a full tip section. They had a backlog of almost Oct he said but lots of inventory being built now. He told me they still send blanks to locals who wrap guides at their houses like they have forever. He said it would be faster to just send me a full rod they had in stock.

So like $110 or $114 for a Premier spinning and a new Imperial 5wt. My old Imperial is shattered but the Premier rod only needs a guide replaced. I’ve beaten lots of ice out of those guides and it’s caught a lot of fish way over its weight class. I think I’ll cut the offending guide off and just use it as is for kids and guests.

Even after giving out a bunch o rods my rack is again overfilling 😂

So a bit of aggravation but I could’ve been more proactive in pursuing an actual person and resolving. Nice people once you get a hold of them.