• Reddington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chote

• Frogg Togg

• Total voters

A-5

My vote is the korker. Mine are the Whitehorse boa.

I will say this. Being able to change the bottoms is a game changer. Times and places dictate different bottoms. I have a great Love of changing my korker bottoms to last longer. I’m using the small studs now. The big tooth claws I use on ice, with the bars and aluminum hex on the back. As long as the boot holds up $60 gets you new bottoms. Love it. When a stud pops on a rubber sole it’s never the same

truecrimson

Just have cheap Redheads from Bass Pro years ago. Probably as old as the waders. Don't use the much anymore, mostly switched to old sneakers.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Korkers for me as well for the reasons A-5 mentioned. Interchangeable souls are awesome and not having to tie the laces is also really nice. Price point is pretty good too for the features offered.

Melvinp

I had a pair of wire laced interchangeable sole korkers I was always afraid that the interchangeable sole would give out it didn’t the whole bottom sole gave out instead.I have the same style boots in orvis now we will see how they hold up never had any problems with either on the wire crank laces and like that feature very well.

A-5

There is a repair kit available for boa. Pineville sport shop will actually re string the
For you.

HenryDavid

I just got new korkers this spring, used a $50 off coupon I won on this site. They have standard type laces. I don't know if that's true on all of the new ones or not. It's not a deal breaker, just slightly less convenient.

Nappy

My thoughts are
.ive gona to Orvis waders and boots.i have had the waders now for 5 years one pin hole in the knee. I fixed myself with UV Resin flex. Love the waders. I have had a lot of brands and so far I'm staying with Orvis pricey but so far they've lasted the longest and believe me I'm harder on. waders than most guides.

Now about water boots
I have the Orvis pros so far love them. As far as lace up or BOA system I had them on my LLBean boot foot waders and the problem with BOA is if they fail in a river crossing you can come out of your boot
I had it happen running traps one day and boy I'm glad I wasn't up on the salmon. Threw the years I have had lot of laces brake not once was it unsafe when it happened. So for that reason alone I now stay with laces.

Melvinp

Never
There is a repair kit available for boa. Pineville sport shop will actually re string the
For you.
Never had a problem with either of the boa systems korker or orvise and now I won’t do without I really like them especially with cold fingers I do tighten them as I go through the day though just a few clicks every once in a while witch I can do without even removing my gravel guards.I should add that I don’t crank them down real tight don’t really think the mechanism would like it if I was trudging threw thick mud all the time I would probably prefer laces.

Last edited:

Nappy

O Ya my pet peeve in this world is why for the love of god can we not by boots anymore that the soles are sewn not just glued the fail point of all in the end. Can't stand that. Ok sorry I'll stop ranting lol

Gremcat

I heard horror stories on Boa but sounds like fish tales now. I’m pretty odd footed though. Need to try out the Korkers when I get home.

I like the idea of Danners but not a Patagonia fan and it’s a lot to spend without trying them on.

Gremcat

Can I reserve my vote until I wear them a bit? Lol, I had those Amazon generic DuckHunts or whatever but nothing to write home about.