What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Looks like some good eats there. I went out to my local quick spot just to throw some spinbaits this afternoon. No dice, rain and temps have set the lake back but it was more about getting things tuned. Ironic was that when I left I thought damn, I should have brought some small Keitechs as perch are in there.

pabassman

Looks like some good eats there. I went out to my local quick spot just to throw some spinbaits this afternoon. No dice, rain and temps have set the lake back but it was more about getting things tuned. Ironic was that when I left I thought damn, I should have brought some small Keitechs as perch are in there.
Long day. Full 8+ on the water. Did spend some time getting used to the ultrex. Learned a few things nobody told me lol.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Long day. Full 8+ on the water. Did spend some time getting used to the ultrex. Learned a few things nobody told me lol.
What remote did you get with that one? I know they were giving the smaller remote due to supply issues the last year. The reason I ask is because I don’t think you can set the boat size with the small remote??

pabassman

What remote did you get with that one? I know they were giving the smaller remote due to supply issues the last year. The reason I ask is because I don’t think you can set the boat size with the small remote??
I got a full remote and the heading sensor. Didnt install the sensor after talking with MK tech. Dont need it. I left the remote in the truck lol, so next time

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I got a full remote and the heading sensor. Didnt install the sensor after talking with MK tech. Dont need it. I left the remote in the truck lol, so next time

If you get the herky jerky so to speak…that’s a technical term ;) where the startup knocks you off balance a bit, adjusting the boat scale will help.

As for heading sensor, I’ve heard varying opinions. Some say it holds spot lock tighter?? I do save waypoints to the remote though and I “think” the heading sensor may help with that when guiding me to the final resting stop.

Waypoints are kind of neat. Get in the general area, click on the saved spot and let it be the butler while you get your rod ready.

pabassman

If you get the herky jerky so to speak…that’s a technical term ;) where the startup knocks you off balance a bit, adjusting the boat scale will help.

As for heading sensor, I’ve heard varying opinions. Some say it holds spot lock tighter?? I do save waypoints to the remote though and I “think” the heading sensor may help with that when guiding me to the final resting stop.

Waypoints are kind of neat. Get in the general area, click on the saved spot and let it be the butler while you get your rod ready.
According to the MK tech the heading sensor is mainly for the jog feature. Not sure about waypoints. I know if you have the link model you can connect a Hummingbird unit that will work with the waypoints. I kept my Lowrance on the bow to use as 2d and the map. I have waypoints on the unit. Biggest thing I learned today way locking down. Best to approach from down wind, go a bit past and drift back over before hitting spotlock

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
According to the MK tech the heading sensor is mainly for the jog feature. Not sure about waypoints. I know if you have the link model you can connect a Hummingbird unit that will work with the waypoints. I kept my Lowrance on the bow to use as 2d and the map. I have waypoints on the unit. Biggest thing I learned today way locking down. Best to approach from down wind, go a bit past and drift back over before hitting spotlock
I do like that jog feature when over crappie trees. Click click, 10’ this way or that way. Just convenient. I don’t crappie fish much though so it really only gets used when my buddy is on board. Heck, I don’t even get the remote out if fishing alone.

pabassman

I do like that jog feature when over crappie trees. Click click, 10’ this way or that way. Just convenient. I don’t crappie fish much though so it really only gets used when my buddy is on board. Heck, I don’t even get the remote out if fishing alone.
I may install the heading puck. I'm tired of working on the boat in the cold weather we've had. Its just my style of fishing I cant see me using the remote at all. Hell, I'll have both bow graphs off the boat from May thru September. Even the spotlock feature wont see much action then. I dont chase panfish during that time. Its all up shallow. Starts with walleye/stripers, then turns to bass time. I havent used a front graph at night in years. I take them off for their own protection lol. Dont need a 1/2oz chatterbait shashing a screen. I've been told to always have the remote handy. There are some issues that can happen with a board the disable the pedal but you can still steer with the remote.

pabassman

Good day at the office!! Bite was amazing today. One old reliable spot was good. Spent some time searching. Found another spot just as good. Possiblly an untapped area! Livescope was a help, having spotlock was the ticket. I was able to sit in place in a gusty breeze/wind to stay on the fish. Caught at least 70. Kept 23 that came from deep water. Perch dont release well in much over 25 feet. The bigger fish were in 27 - 35'. Plenty of small to decent size fish have moved up into 18-24'. I think the spawn is very close, within a week so that will end the party. A couple good smallies were in the mix too. All four were about this size.

image_17213697.JPGimage_67526657.JPGimage_67163649.JPG

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Good day at the office!! Bite was amazing today. One old reliable spot was good. Spent some time searching. Found another spot just as good. Possiblly an untapped area! Livescope was a help, having spotlock was the ticket. I was able to sit in place in a gusty breeze/wind to stay on the fish. Caught at least 70. Kept 23 that came from deep water. Perch dont release well in much over 25 feet. The bigger fish were in 27 - 35'. Plenty of small to decent size fish have moved up into 18-24'. I think the spawn is very close, within a week so that will end the party. A couple good smallies were in the mix too. All four were about this size.

WOW! Look at that. They are plump! What were your water temps today?

Reactions: A-5

Don

This weeks weather front, highs in the mid-forties in likely to extend the perch bite, no?

pabassman

This weeks weather front, highs in the mid-forties in likely to extend the perch bite, no?
Hopefully. Looking at snow Wed into Thurs. Maybe get lucky and hit them when they first pull up shallow. Usually that will last a couple days. At least you can be more selective then and release the big ones. They werent in big schools yesterday, just 2 to 5 fish coming in at a time. A steady stream of fish seemed to be pulling up all day on a deep flat. The channel fish seemed slower, not ready yet.