Allegheny River

Blackcat Outdoors

I would like to do from kinzua dam down to 80 in the kyack someday. That looks epic and remote, but still goes through enough little towns to resupply along the way. I've kyacked and fished the reservoir a little, but didn't have much luck. It was raining 2 out of the 3 days we were there last time though.

Solitario Lupo

I would like to do from kinzua dam down to 80 in the kyack someday. That looks epic and remote, but still goes through enough little towns to resupply along the way. I've kyacked and fished the reservoir a little, but didn't have much luck. It was raining 2 out of the 3 days we were there last time though.
You would have a blast. Stay on the little islands overnight.

Solitario Lupo

What species are the most prominent?
Hard one as it’s long and different areas hold different specie. For most part small mouth, some areas walleye/Muskie. Closer to the dam is where the trophy trout hang out so a lot will fish for them up there.

Don

I’ve heard it is a tough lake due to temp and low food levels fish are sparse but trophy’s develop.

Solitario Lupo

If talking about kinzua lake it’s hard cause it’s a very big body of water. The river is very tough to fish in summer. Does get hot as it is very shallow I never do any good in the summer. If you ever want to walk across a river Allegheny would be one. Do not know about food levels as there should be plenty for everything.