Articulated creatures

Don

I just inherited a heavy 7, 8 or 9 wt fly rod. not really sure but it is stiff and only 8 ft. the guy that commissioned it was from Nebraska and I'm not sure it was ever used and I'm not sure what he intended it for.IMG_8303.jpegIMG_8302.jpeg

Last edited:

HenryDavid

I just inherited a heavy 7, 8 or 9 wt fly rod. not really sure but it is stiff and only 8 ft. the guy that commissioned it was from Nebraska and I'm not sure it was ever used and I'm not sure what he intended it for.View attachment 5861View attachment 5862
Possibly for throwing streamers for bass. St. Croix makes one in an 8-ft. length specifically for this, they call it "Mojo". No fighting butt on yours though.

Don

Possibly for throwing streamers for bass. St. Croix makes one in an 8-ft. length specifically for this, they call it "Mojo". No fighting butt on yours though.
I prefer 7'6 to 8.6 for fly rods as I fish from a boat and often along brushy banks.
I like the fly Melvin is bragging about. I don't know what possessed him to use real hook (2) but it would be great for Pike, Pickerel, bass and Cats from March through May in Shahola and Gouldsboro or along the rocks at Spruce Run. I haven't flyfished in almost two years and I feel it coming on.....

Melvinp

I prefer 7'6 to 8.6 for fly rods as I fish from a boat and often along brushy banks.
I like the fly Melvin is bragging about. I don't know what possessed him to use real hook (2) but it would be great for Pike, Pickerel, bass and Cats from March through May in Shahola and Gouldsboro or along the rocks at Spruce Run. I haven't flyfished in almost two years and I feel it coming on.....
Bragging well maybe a little but I’m just waiting for you to get back on the vise so I can boss ya around lol

Reactions: Don

Don

Okay, you’re as bad as Nurse True Crimson with the acronyms. What do they mean.

Don

Are you sure you’re not a RN.
Sol, is it malleable when it comes out of the pen. Can it be manually shaped?

Solitario Lupo

Not sure what you’re thinking here. But you can shape it anyway you want. It’s hot when it comes out so you won’t be putting it in your hands but you can use the pen like you’re writing it out. So far I’ve cut out cardboard for shapes. The last one I did a clay mold of the lure then just filled it in.