Custom Snow.

Don

We got around 4” when we had only ordered 2-3”. Bargain eh? Wish fishing line, bait and hooks worked that way.

Don

Latest I've plowed snow commercially was 1987 or so and it was at Air Products and Chemicals in Allentown.

HenryDavid

Last April 1st I was in Loyalsock State Forest and we got 2-3 inches that morning. It didn't last too long. Today there's 9-inches of new snow up there and 20mph winds with gusts upward of 30mph

Blackcat Outdoors

Last April 1st I was in Loyalsock State Forest and we got 2-3 inches that morning. It didn't last too long. Today there's 9-inches of new snow up there and 20mph winds with gusts upward of 30mph
About the same here in Tiadigton State Forest country. Actually had to fire up the snow blower yesterday. I'm just hoping they've kept on on the roads getting drifted in, since I got called into work this morning.

Won't last long though. Supposed to be 50 tomorrow and mid 60's by the middle of the week.

Don

Grem the one with the pool looks like Treasure Island in Las Vegas. Stayed there some. My wife likes to stay at the Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill and was there last week.

Bootfoot

Another couple weeks and I’ll be getting the boat out and ready for the arrival of shad and stripers. Winter will be over for me in about three weeks regardless of the weather.

Don

Isn't there an order of events ? Don't the Shad come up first and the the herring and lastly the Stripers trying to clean up? Here in Easton the stripers were plentiful in May. One guy jokingly said that they had to keep them from jumping into the boat. While a joke it was the general opinion that they were plentiful last spring.

Last edited:

Don

I almost went to this new restaurant down the river a couple miles but didn't want to freeze while going out to eat. Its called the Iron Mule. Don't know much about it. Maybe in a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 2

Bootfoot

Isn't there an order of events ? Don't the Shad come up first and the the herring and lastly the Stripers trying to clean up? Here in Easton the stripers were plentiful in May. One guy jokingly said that they had to keep them from jumping into the boat. While a joke it was the general opinion that they were plentiful last spring.
The last couple years the shad and striper fishing has been fantastic. Typically we fish for shad during the entire month of April and switch to stripers in May. Last year we caught the stripers consistently from April till June and I think I only went shad fishing twice because the striper fishing was so good early on. Towards the end of May/early June you will see the fish get smaller until all your catching are the 15” juveniles. That’s the signal the striped bass fishing is over until the fall at jersey shore.

if you want to catch the big fish you have to start soon and fish down at the Commodore Barry bridge. This is the major breeding area on the Delaware river. 90% of the stripers do not go above Philadelphia and 99% of the big ones spawn in this area and return to the sea right away. Only a small percentage go up to Easton and further. Typically these are the schoolies and most likely you will never see a 40” fish up that far. I just can’t deal with 95 traffic anymore so I spend most of my time in the Bucks County area Where mid 20’s to mid 30’s are plentiful with a realistic chance of getting a 40” plus fish but these are getting rarer.

Don

My neighbor caught a 43" one under the bridge in Easton in fall. I've caught my share in mid-Summer when cat-fishing. Not one more than 12-13" and no fight. I don't even know the size limits yet. Do you? Are they a slot?

Nothing Wrong with the Delaware in Bucks County. I learned to Waterski in the big pool in Lumberville 100 yrs ago this summer.