Flashers

Don

You all know Gouldsboro, Memorial, Shahola and Tobyhanna style impoundments where the fishing is good but the using of standard fish finders can be a challenge. I'm wondering if a flasher wouldn't be possible to use in these shallower lakes and if in fact hey wouldn't be a better choice for these waters than standard fishfinders?

Don

That old. Forget it. Looked like a good deal until u mention Grandpop.

Solitario Lupo

I wouldn’t recommend a flasher from a boat. You could get more use out of a screen, that can show you more of the bottom structures than just a green and red line going up and down.

Don

I guess I was interested I reel time viewing and I don’t really know what I’m doing on This subject. I have my eye on the Stryker 4 Garmim and am impressed with its ability to switch back and forth at will between sonar or flasher. It also provides some gps qualities.

Last edited:

truecrimson

A lot of them can do split screen with 2 or 3 things on the screen at once. Whatever unit you are looking at, go up a size automatically.

truecrimson

I just looked at the Garmin. As far as I can tell it doesn't split screen. The Lowrance Elite 4 series does. But don't get the 4. Get a size 7 or 10. download.jpg

They also used to make an ice fishing pack for it, but I never got one and now they are hard to find. But here they have the flasher on a split screen.
627267_ts.jpg

Don

I thought that the Lawrence hasn't any GPS ability and that is probably the most important feature for getting back to the same spot, No/yes?

Don

I want small. Quit picking on me,lol, don't you remember that little boat ride and how tight it is? Furthermore I only catch small fish.

Solitario Lupo

You might want to look at something with side sonar. That should help out with the shallow waters. They have so much out there and came a long way with it.

As for flasher i would save it for ice. I’ve never used one so don’t know how they work but don’t you have to sit still for it to work.