Frances Slocum

Solitario Lupo

Just looked it up looks like a lot of good fish are in there. If you going to troll try some bigger lures.

Even stop and jig those drop offs.

What you think your going for.

HenryDavid

We used to troll crankbaits through the weedy shallow side in the spring for walleyes hooked but did not boat a large musky doing the same. Don't know what your target species are but the crappies were getting to real good size last winter through the ice. I have a depth map I can send you, maybe I can insert it with this post.

Shallow side crib map
Shallow cribs 2.jpg

Interactive
Depth Map

Attachments

• Frances Slocum Depth Map.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

HenryDavid

That shallow side launch is NOT a ramp. Your 2 ramps are on Carverton Road and inside the park - opposite side from the shallow side. Carverton Rd. ramp is open 24 hours, not sure what the official park hours are now.

Melvinp

We used to troll crankbaits through the weedy shallow side in the spring for walleyes hooked but did not boat a large musky doing the same. Don't know what your target species are but the crappies were getting to real good size last winter through the ice. I have a depth map I can send you, maybe I can insert it with this post.

Shallow side crib map
View attachment 1948

Interactive
Depth Map
I have one already printed up

Don

With your big super cruise ship it should be possible to troll deeply and still work the surface for panfish and Pickerel species.
Bioloist reports favorable reviews and improvements on all species. Steadily improving since 2001. Bass still average smaller.

Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

I shouldn’t be posting my top lures for musky but I guess I let this one slip.
If you wanna really try for them phantom softail. If it has smallmouth in the lake than get that color or stick with the colors of the fish in the lake.

Try to know the depth and do the count. They will hit it on the way down. The lure will come to the top so letting it sink in the holes will work. Just a way to get the big ones if you wanna try.

Don

Ahh its all secret here and your secret is safe with us. How bout a few more.

Solitario Lupo

Good strike on the figure 8s. Plus something to point out if your using a big net. Do not stick it in the water like the kid did. I've done this and lost a lot. You scare them and loss them. If using a net skim the water as much as possible with some force.

Melvinp

Pretty cool body of water got some bass callico and Gill nothing special but always nice to fish with new people

pabassman

Nice. I live about ten minutes from Slocum. Rarely fish it. Loaded with calico but tons of dinks. You need to weed thru a lot to get keepers. Seems to be a good walleye population but nobody seems to get many. Ice fishing is popular in the evening and after dark and produces lots of calico but same deal, small. There are decent ones to be caught.

Melvinp

Nice. I live about ten minutes from Slocum. Rarely fish it. Loaded with calico but tons of dinks. You need to weed thru a lot to get keepers. Seems to be a good walleye population but nobody seems to get many. Ice fishing is popular in the evening and after dark and produces lots of calico but same deal, small. There are decent ones to be caught.
Marked one bigger fish the rest where just dots on the screen and it was in deeper water

Don

When its Crappie there are no dinks, just dinners. We also caught some bluegill and a pumpkinseed big enough to invite for dinner. I think it was 11 that went into the freezer.

pabassman

Well then this should be your new home lake. Plenty of gills in the 5 -6" range and calico 7 -8".