Heading east if time and weather allows

Melvinp

Thinking upper and lower woods ponds in Wayne county anybody ever fished um my mother has been bugging me to hit lower woods for 30 years guess it’s about time to get it done she said monster pickerel but we’re a talking 50 years back

Melvinp

Lower Woods was drained several years ago. Still a pond but a decent walk from the parking area.
I just saw that watched a video of the talk guess that it typical state and takes years oh well on to upper woods but my mother talked about the hand laid stone dam she said the stone was a piece of artwork guess it only lasted so long

Don

There are bass and nice stocked trout in Upper Woods take waders as the ramp is usually shallow and you'll back the trucks rear tires in a ways to float your boat off. The Gills and Rockys are small. At the far end in front of the outlet in 20-25' the locals haul in a bunch.
One of you folks just went to Belmont. How was that?

pabassman

There was an article a couples month age that Lower Woods is the first dam in that area that will be repaired and filled. I think 2023. White Oak, Millers and Pecks are on the list but who knows when. Duck Harbor was dropped some for repairs but is being refilled.

HenryDavid

I saw a video recently, not sure if it was from a news station or where I saw it, they showed the refilled Peck's Pond, and it was still choked with weeds

Reactions: Don